Interesting Test-N-Tune Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Test-N-Tune Results

Does anyone have any idea how my 131k mile Miata is 2 seconds faster than a 60k and 90k mile Miata (all three are stock)? After driving two other Miatas, and their respective owners driving mine, my Miata was consistantly 2 seconds faster on the same course with (of course) three drivers. All are 1.6L's.

Anyway, it seems I need a larger front sway bar (since I can't modify the rear) to help keep the rear inside wheel planted. I'm spinning my inside wheel something feirce out of every corner and, thusly, losing time for loss of traction. Hopefully, I'll be able to maintain some oversteer with proper strut adjustment. For a stock sway bar, I found 'my' sweet spot with with strut adjustment settings. I still haven't quite decided what pressures are nominal for my Hoosiers.

This past weekend's test-n-tune had quite a few people wanting to ride in, and drive my car. I'd say she saw about 17+ miles of hard driving over a total of 24 runs (17 were my own). I was consistantly 2 seconds off FTD (even though it was limited to 40 cars). So I'm pretty happy with how I'm improving on piloting. I was hoping more than one MR2 (class leader) would run so that I could gauge relative issues.

Yes yes, I know this isn't Protege related, so deal with it.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily
Working...
X