anthrax shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anthrax shots

i don't know how many military people we have on this board, but all you civilians should be glad you don't have to get all the shots we have to my most recent one was my 4th anthrax shot a few days ago. since then my arm has been sore, i've had a fever, i got a sore throat, and just haven't felt like myself it really sucks getting shots all the time. when i first went to basic, i got like 10 shots in a matter of 10 seconds then when my reserve unit got activated to go to iraq, which didn't happen, i had to get like 5 more shots, one of which was smallpox. most non-native born people will know what the smallpox one is like, as well as the older people on the board the smallpox one leaves a nasty scar, and it takes forever to heal, and while it's healing, you can infect other people and for the rest of my military career i'll be getting an anthrax shot every year or they'll stop, once they find out it does more damage than good sorry for the rambling, but it just came up when i rubbed my arm and felt the lump from the anthrax shot

this is why I have no desire to join the military... because you get 0wned by them... how the hell can I do something for my country when I have to put up with this ****?

so, how about NO scott
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      this is why I have no desire to join the military... because you get 0wned by them... how the hell can I do something for my country when I have to put up with this ****?

so, how about NO scott
      they don't enroll homosexuals anyway. So you're safe.
      '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

lol
        Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
          oh don't worry, you can still get in and have group showers with fellow men as much as you want. Ever heard of "don't ask, don't tell?"

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Anthrax RULES!

oh come on, someone had to do it...
            ~Mark.
            2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Working in a hospital is the same way as for small pox vaccinations. Now that I am in the physical therapy deptmnt., I haven't heard of any such thing available for us as it was on the old unit that I worked on. People in the ER were given the option to receive one since they are on the front line of seeing patients before diagnosing them with some type of disease. I have come close with TB, taking patients up with no mask on and later finding out after the fact. We go through a TB test every year and I come up negative. Thank God, because it wouldn't be worth it for the amount I get paid! As for Anthrax, we don't get those because we are not military. I guess it is best to be safe than sorry. :p: My ex's father was in the Navy and his entire crew died of multiple sclerosis. He has it too, but is hanging on. Makes you wonder what they put our soldiers through. That and people from the Gulf War (1st time around) came back with illnesses. I am thinking WTF, brave men and women go and fight for our country and come back like this!! No respect!
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu

stop being a tool. You gonna post a gay comment to all his post now that you two got in an argument. Grow up.
                2000 DX, Blue
                Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

If there is ever a biological war, military members would be like a cockroach in a nuclear war. Impervious to all that ****. Reservist need to stop fckin complaining all the time. If you where in the Active side thereis a **** load more BS to deal with. B.T.W.~ never been in a group shower situation {except when deployed}
                  <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
                  AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Hope you're feeling better, Blue.

got a headache with my 3rd shot, should be time soon for my 4th. It is a crappy deal, but personally, I think it's better to be covered than deal with the reality of what happens if I ever get infected with anthrax. Considering some of the places I go, I'd prefer the protection. I think my wife and daughter do, too.

Having said that, it frickin sucks that we get these side effects. I think the small pox vaccination was the worst, having to keep it covered, being careful to avoid everyone else that hasn't been vaccinated (until such time as the scab falls off). I hated that.
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I had a sweet little hole in my arm once it healed
                      <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                        If there is ever a biological war, military members would be like a cockroach in a nuclear war. Impervious to all that ****. Reservist need to stop fckin complaining all the time. If you where in the Active side thereis a **** load more BS to deal with. B.T.W.~ never been in a group shower situation {except when deployed}
                        dude, from your location i'm assuming you are in the air force. what BS do you have to deal with? even you say you've never been in a group shower, except deployment. i guess you had a nice summer camp instead of real basic training?:p: and i don't think you realize all the BS of the reserves, at least army reserves. picture having a chain of command that only plays army one weekend a month, 2-4 weeks a year, and then all of a sudden is activated. the ones with no active duty experience, which is most of them, have no ****ing clue what they are doing. it takes them 2-3 months to figure out how to be in charge, and even then many of them still don't get it. i swear they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground

Comment

ohhhh yea the good times, group showers, it was fun stuff, when we first got to bootcamp, the DI'S were like everyone naked, lol its seashower time, had us all lineup, and put one on hot, one on cold, one on hot.... and run through with out litte bar of soap, lol it was funny. this went on for bout the first week, then the seashowers went away. but yeah back on topic small pox shot sucked, i was freaked walked around with hand sanitizer in my pocket for like 4 weeks.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

<-why i can't fix my car

Comment

teh ambiguouly gheyness of this thread is strong

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Working...
                              X