Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

Fisrt of all let me tell taht it took me over two days to read most of the forums, and also let me tell you how good is to see that there is people in tha world that likes my car...

I am from Panama ( central america, between colombia and costa rica), right now i will talk about the drag racing scene here in panama, one that is crouded by toyotas, hondas, a few nissan, mistsubishi specially 300gt ones, also some hyundays tiburon a few camaros, the bottom line is that ther is about only about two to three persons that race protos, to tell tha truth, i am a nissan fan converted into mazda, i had a b11 nissan with weber carbs, grinded cams 4.47 trany, header etc etc etc. it was very fun to see the face of the people, that did not believe what that car could do, then it died in a crash accident, and then my cousin get a a good deal with a protege, i bought it because ther is no car with power windows, sun roof 4disc brake 1.8 doch, for that price, the i began to modify it, lower it about 1 inch front 2 inch back, take the cat out, straight pipe of 2" and a exhaust, then the header 4 to 1, then the cams came, and the coi and now i like the face of the honda guys when i get over ther with my full extras car and kick their ass, pu the a/c and go home... every day my car slap on my face and shows me how good it is...

NOw questions will when upgradin the bp every body on this forums says turbo? why not n/a...

Thanks for your time, so long and greetings froma panama
    Last edited by Loco_R; 10-17-2003, 02:08 AM.
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

know what bro, im going n/a too and i know for a fact im not going to be the fastest, but i dont care. if you favor n/a, you go n/a!
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

If i were gonna go for a na i would put the 2.5 liter v6 Kl-ze 200 horsepower motor in the protege. Also the bp will produce alot more power with a turbo then a na ..Jon

Comment

Here's an interesting thread about N/A power.

Like Jon said, the most power comes out of turboing, but I think with some work if you build up your car N/A it can be very competitive and have a very nice powerband.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Gracias!

Thanks for everything, know i almost see the light, the big deal, is that when i run mi car, it seems like a car that the design and behavior of the engine lacks of torque at all, i now that the next step, beside thinking about pistons (toyota 4ag 83.5mm wiseco), it will be a ecu... but also a think that is getting very popular around here is NOS, do a bp handel a shot of 50 hp of NOS, or the BP handels NOS?, im between that and turbo!, to go n/a is more expensive, than NOS or turbo!, so im thinking very seriously about get a walk in the dark side of NOS or Turbo!,
          Now back to businees, the ecu, what do i do with it i want to change it, for another engine manegement system, wichy your recomend and prices, here in panama i have seen, some apexi in neons, and sentras, toyotas matrix,the owners told me that it was exelent and blabla bla, but i dont think that way, i have seein them runing but no big deal... but i now it is a change that i will have to do to mi car, right now, because you know the stock ecuwith mods i thing it will go crazy and put the car very slow...
          and another question... how many rpm does and stock bp engine handel... i alway shift it at 7000 but sometimes specially on hard times, 7300...
          thanks for any coments...
          94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

i dunno of anyone that makes an ecu for the 1g, the car isnt as pupular as the others so why would they.
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

it'll handle a 50 shot
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

get it chipped at a preformance shop

I had a friend do this, took off mph governer, fuel cut off, and changed the redline to 9k. cost him like 250 or so. I plan to do that once I got the bpt in.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

there is a mph governor????
                  at what speed??

is that in the 1st gen?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

dunno but i personally have been to around 150-60 (didnt have a speedo, but my friend in the camaro did)
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

A 50 shot should be fine for the BP. As for ECU mods, I'm not sure of what is avaliable. Nothing outstanding to say the least. If you wanna drop a lot of coin and get some GOOD gains while staying NA, look into a standalone management like a Haltech. They are expensive, but you can tune to your hearts content! Also if you pick up a MAP sensor, you can free up a lot of flow on the intake by taking out the VAF/MAF. Speaking of, you can get a '88-'91 (I think????) RX-7 VAF to help that along if you don't go haltech.

Also, if you're going to be running nitrous, look for larger injectors, fuel pump, and colder plugs.
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                      X