Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy a 3?

Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying a new car in around a month, what you guys think about the 3?

Im looking in to a 2.3 GT Cloth Automatic (other family members have to drive it too)

i love mine. the 2.3L is pretty peppy, smooth and quiet! (ok compared to a fully opened up exhaust on the Pro )

has lots of INT room, has alot of nice features. The INT is simple, yet classy and has a somewhat forward thinking design. The EXT styling is just dead sexay, especially it's booty.

Aftermarket is already supportive.

Your only question should be, what color?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
      Your only question should be, what color?

lol
      Blue.

Comment

I was reading the specs, and features, I'm really impressed with a lot of this stuff...

I was thinking Blue aswell, It would look nice with the Black/Blue Cloth

Anyone know anything about Insurance on these things?

Comment

I would imagine insurance would be relatively cheap. I mean it is a 4/5 door economy car with low HP.

I am definately buying a 3 when I get out of college. I can't use the MP3 as a daily driver forever.

Comment

Originally posted by illeisist
            I was reading the specs, and features, I'm really impressed with a lot of this stuff...

I was thinking Blue aswell, It would look nice with the Black/Blue Cloth

Anyone know anything about Insurance on these things?
            I got a quote from State Farm. They quoted me at $30 cheaper a month than my 99 Protege. Not bad!
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

ya, i was first after the yellow, but couldn't find one with the options i wanted...so i said ok, silver or blue...i ended up getting black on black...lol

insurance is normal, it may be a sport model, but it's no sports car

it does handle well though, feels well balanced. Can get the back loose with a little extra coaxing as is bone stock.

Comment

I recently bought the very car you're considering. Winning Blue 2.3 hatch, only option was the sunroof/6 CD pack, and automatic.
                My insurance went up ~$20US on a 6 month policy.
                The car is a joy to drive, compared to our 2 Taurus's(sp?). I am very surprised with the transmission. It's willing to shift(drive a Taurus, you'll understand) and makes good use of the horsepower the engine has.
                Suspension is pretty taut. Little or no roll.
                My only complaint is lack of driver room. My legs cramp up on trips, and they've never done that before.
                Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
                '56 VW Cal Ragtop
                www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

I'm 6'1" and with the tilt/telescope collum, i make it work. Don't feel cramped at all. But i've only been really driving it for 2 weeks

Comment

And more expensive.

Comment

the 6i and the 3s have the same 2.3L engine. The 6i 2.3L has maybe 5 more bhp. BFD

the 6s is much heavier too and is not very far off the 3s and like Greg said, the 3s is 6-8k cheaper than the 6s...

i have one of each

Comment

Besides, it's the Protege's predecesor, so it's fitting a Protege owner would want to continue the tradition.

Comment

no, the 6 is the 626's predecessor, and the up coming MS3 will be the MSP's predecessor.

the 3s also has VVT.

but the weight difference between the 2 only gives the 6 a slight advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by illeisist
                            Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying a new car in around a month, what you guys think about the 3?

Im looking in to a 2.3 GT Cloth Automatic (other family members have to drive it too)

When I saw the topic I was just gonna tell you to buy the TSX by Acura but since you mentioned about the family members driving your car I'd say buy the 3. You don't want your mother-in-law to drive ur TSX would you?

Comment

sigh..... been looking and I think I want me a 3 now too. I saw one at the dealer by my house... black mica.... its an '05 and they only want 17k for it..... Hatch of course, S model not fully loaded, but not a base model by any means.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X