PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a 3?

illeisist
12-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying a new car in around a month, what you guys think about the 3?

Im looking in to a 2.3 GT Cloth Automatic (other family members have to drive it too)

MazdaRacer
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
i love mine. the 2.3L is pretty peppy, smooth and quiet! (ok compared to a fully opened up exhaust on the Pro :) )

has lots of INT room, has alot of nice features. The INT is simple, yet classy and has a somewhat forward thinking design. The EXT styling is just dead sexay, especially it's booty.

Aftermarket is already supportive.

Your only question should be, what color?

lol :)

McCorkle
12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Your only question should be, what color?

lol :)
Blue. ;)

illeisist
12-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I was reading the specs, and features, I'm really impressed with a lot of this stuff...

I was thinking Blue aswell, It would look nice with the Black/Blue Cloth :)

Anyone know anything about Insurance on these things?

McCorkle
12-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I would imagine insurance would be relatively cheap. I mean it is a 4/5 door economy car with low HP.

I am definately buying a 3 when I get out of college. I can't use the MP3 as a daily driver forever.

NegatiZE
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I was reading the specs, and features, I'm really impressed with a lot of this stuff...

I was thinking Blue aswell, It would look nice with the Black/Blue Cloth :)

Anyone know anything about Insurance on these things?

I got a quote from State Farm. They quoted me at $30 cheaper a month than my 99 Protege. Not bad!

MazdaRacer
12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
ya, i was first after the yellow, but couldn't find one with the options i wanted...so i said ok, silver or blue...i ended up getting black on black...lol

insurance is normal, it may be a sport model, but it's no sports car :)

it does handle well though, feels well balanced. Can get the back loose with a little extra coaxing as is bone stock.

Bill
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I recently bought the very car you're considering. Winning Blue 2.3 hatch, only option was the sunroof/6 CD pack, and automatic.
My insurance went up ~$20US on a 6 month policy.
The car is a joy to drive, compared to our 2 Taurus's(sp?). I am very surprised with the transmission. It's willing to shift(drive a Taurus, you'll understand) and makes good use of the horsepower the engine has.
Suspension is pretty taut. Little or no roll.
My only complaint is lack of driver room. My legs cramp up on trips, and they've never done that before.

MazdaRacer
12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm 6'1" and with the tilt/telescope collum, i make it work. Don't feel cramped at all. But i've only been really driving it for 2 weeks :)

McCorkle
12-16-2004, 11:37 PM
And more expensive.

MazdaRacer
12-17-2004, 02:30 PM
the 6i and the 3s have the same 2.3L engine. The 6i 2.3L has maybe 5 more bhp. BFD

the 6s is much heavier too and is not very far off the 3s and like Greg said, the 3s is 6-8k cheaper than the 6s...

i have one of each :)

MazdaRacer
12-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Besides, it's the Protege's predecesor, so it's fitting a Protege owner would want to continue the tradition.

MazdaRacer
12-17-2004, 04:08 PM
no, the 6 is the 626's predecessor, and the up coming MS3 will be the MSP's predecessor.

the 3s also has VVT.

but the weight difference between the 2 only gives the 6 a slight advantage.

1ofdfew323
12-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying a new car in around a month, what you guys think about the 3?

Im looking in to a 2.3 GT Cloth Automatic (other family members have to drive it too)

When I saw the topic I was just gonna tell you to buy the TSX by Acura but since you mentioned about the family members driving your car I'd say buy the 3. You don't want your mother-in-law to drive ur TSX would you? :)

D323
12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
sigh..... been looking and I think I want me a 3 now too. I saw one at the dealer by my house... black mica.... its an '05 and they only want 17k for it..... Hatch of course, S model not fully loaded, but not a base model by any means.

illeisist
12-20-2004, 02:04 PM
the 6 is nice, but I can't afford it... I'm barely getting the 3 with all the available car money I have lol

I'm just waiting for some money to come through (which is how I can get the car), then its off to the dealership :)

My dad was telling me to investigate some other cars, but I dont think theres anything comparable to what I get in the 3 for the same price...

Only other cars I like are the SRT-4 and the Chevy Cobalt SS, but I can't get both because they are stick, and i'll have to let some other people drive it :(

Kevin
12-20-2004, 05:47 PM
weight, horsepower.. doesn't matter to me, i personally prefer the 3's handling over the 6's. mazda went through alot of marketing campaigns to boost sales of the mazda 6.. they're proud of that car. needless to say, if you want the option of 'shifting', get the Sport AT option, it allows you to shift your transmission just like you would a manual, except no clutch pedal :). needless to say, the 3 is a very good choice.
kevin

D323
12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
^^agreed

But I dont know how long i would trust that manumatic. I know the G35's come with it as well.

Kevin
12-21-2004, 06:24 PM
^^agreed

But I dont know how long i would trust that manumatic. I know the G35's come with it as well.think of it this way, when have mazda transmissions been notoriously strong? :)
kevin

MazdaRacer
12-21-2004, 06:54 PM
^^agreed

But I dont know how long i would trust that manumatic. I know the G35's come with it as well.
more and more ATX cars have the manual shift. The 3 ATX has it, The P5 and 3rd gens had it. Hell Hyundai's even have it...lol

Our old Jetta 1.8T had it, but it has a fancy fargingroovin name....tiptronic. Must be a Porsche thang....lol