HO Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO Alternator

Does anyone know where you can get a HO alternator for a 2000 protege 1.6L? I need it to be above 250 amps though. Im going to be running an audiobahn amp rated at 2000 watts RMS/4000 peak.

Already checked HOalternators.com mralternator.com and a few others but all info would be appreciated.

I might plan on added a compressor to the mix so im shooting for a 300 amp alternator.

not gonna happen. the 2 part voltage regulator that the 3rd gen proteges use is the worst system ever invented. there have been a few that just left the plug that goes to the ECU unplugged and they installed generic HO alts, but they have all had issues with the ECU not liking that. you best bet would be to install a second alternator on a custom bracket. then you can use your stock alt for the car, and the second alt for the system and compressor.

"you can't polish a turd, but you can chrome it"
    -CEO of audiobahn

if you haven't bought the audiocrap amp yet, save your money. the anaba group (brothers that own many many companies) has destroyed many great companies, and they all use the craptastic circuit boards that audiobahn uses. the same ones that when rated to the CEA-2006 standards only have about half the rms power that audiobahn claims. their only amp that is worth a **** is the 5 kilowatt beast.

Comment

talk to the iranians.. maybe they can cut you a deal on a small, trunk sized nuclear reactor.. i hear the black market's pretty good for that sort of thing. needless to say.. good luck.
      kevin

Comment

basically just find an empty space under the hood...... have a custom bracket made and install a HO alternator there that runs to a spare battery and from the spare battery to only my amp/compressor?

that way taking all the load off my stock right? well xcept for the stock draw from bulbs and beeps and stuff.

Comment

exactly. you'd be better off going with a 200 amp alt in a generic GM/AC delco or ford case and have it power a bank of batteries, 2-4 of them. i highly suggest the odyssey/stinger batteries, as they are much better for deep cycle applications than yellow tops.

2 of the 1700 or 2150's would be plenty.

or if you want to save some money, the 8D from interstate is a popular one among SPL competitors:

Comment

Working...
          X