178amp output....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

178amp output....

I took my car to autozone today to get it tested for the battery and alternator and see if they had some belt dressing cause them squealing belts are really getting to me, they were ok when i first replaced them, now they at it again!. anywho.. i took it to autozone my battery tested out good but when he tested my Alternator the thing was putting out 178 amps, the guy said it was outrageous, so he went back in to look at the book and it said it was only suppose to be putting out 70amps!!! now i am all freaked out! is this correct? if it is, what problems can this cause?

re-adjust your belts.. don't use belt dressing.. you're only going to gunk up your pullies and it'll be a nice suprise when you go to put another belt on. and yes.. 70 amps is fine.. it kinda depends on at what rpms and what loads you're running, but your stock alternator is rated at a measly 65 amps.. just enough to keep your running
    kevin

err.. wait a minute.. too much amperage is your problem? find a second opinion, he's a retard.. all he does is sell parts
    Last edited by Guest; 12-15-2004, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X