Keep it Dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it Dirty

Some fresh (today even!) pics of me and my pro. Warning, it's kind of dirty...
    Get the best of SEO, WordPress, and Blogging with detailed guides, reviews, and comparisons articles. With our insightful articles select the right products and follow our tested strategies to grow your business.

A sample:
    Get the best of SEO, WordPress, and Blogging with detailed guides, reviews, and comparisons articles. With our insightful articles select the right products and follow our tested strategies to grow your business.
    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

it's nice to see that officers have WAY too much free time i hope you took your car straight to a car wash:p:

Comment

I did, actually. High pressure water for 20 minutes or so, got most of it off. I have to take each wheel off, now, and get behind the spokes. Still a little wobble up at 80mph.

oh, and it's a Saturday! (though we pilots, at least, do have a lot of free time, when training)
      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

Where is that road? i would like to go sideways out there
        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

here's how I know to get there:
          From Altus, Ok, go north on Main st, which is or becomes the 283. That will become the 283/6 and then split from the 6, stay with the 283. That's about 15 miles. Shortly, you will pass through a small pass, with a couple large boulders on the side of the road, and a mountain. Almost immediately there is a white sign on the right side (west side) for a church, with big black letters GCC. Turn there, and that leads to a large network of dirt roads.

Be careful though, some of them, when wet, are very muddy. I almost got stuck on one road as the mud was so soft that I could BARELY maintain any forward motion with the wheels spinning. Of course, it would be smart to have some actual terrain tires...

Comment

Wow, that looks fun. I used to do that in my Golf, up around Lake Superior on the old logging roads. More gravel than dirt, but very rutted and rough. I remember one spot in one road that always washed out when it rained, so I had to take a running start at it to make it across. Then I got to the end of the road and there was a guy in a Blazer with a VERY surprised look on his face...
            ~Mark.
            2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

When you say it's like clay, I hope you don't mean the kind that doesn't come off when you wash it. If is is, be sure to get it out of the inside of your wheels, or it will unbalance them.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I will borrow a friends EVO and go ape ****!
                <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
                AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Deeezam, that looks like some fun

I went to the PSU game yesterday and the fields we parked in were all slopholes, it rained all day yesterday. I ended up getting stuck trying to get out, but I reversed it enough to be able to get a running sideways start :p

Also saw a muddy MP3 there, too... I shoulda took some pics before I went to the carwash today.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                    When you say it's like clay, I hope you don't mean the kind that doesn't come off when you wash it. If is is, be sure to get it out of the inside of your wheels, or it will unbalance them.
                    Yep, it was clay. I already got most of it out. I found out it was clay when I made it back to a paved road. The wheels were rather out of balance. I got it good enough that i wouldn't get any wobble until about 60. When I got back, I did one of those high pressure self-wash dealies, and got most of it out. Still got a little more to get. Gonna have to take my wheels off to get it all out

I much more understand the value of AWD now...

Comment

Looks like my car this morning when a neighbor's dog got out and tried to dig his way back in to the yard slinging dirt all over my rear wheel!!!
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

hehe. Dirt is still falling off. Had a clump half the size of a football fall out yesterday...

Comment

cute
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                            hehe. Dirt is still falling off. Had a clump half the size of a football fall out yesterday...
                            You might want to jack the car up and look for that clay stuff everywhere. Honestly, it is terrible. It will be on everything. I spent hours cleaning my car off and I still found that **** months later.
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I am planning on getting up there with some more high pressure stuff, prolly this weekend. Also, when I drive back to SC whatever's left should come out. I hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X