Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm stuff/clear corners leaking :-(

i have a 97 protege lx

ok i know corksport sells all the jdm clear corners, headlights, and taillights, but is there any other place you can get the stuff cheaper.... besides ebay

also what can i do about my clear corners the damn things keep getting water in em..... any kind a molding or anything?

i would say ebay would be your best bet. saw an auction on a pair of JDM taillights for about $100 only. i say only cuz if you look at corksport they sell it for $250. with regards to your problem in water getting into your corners. try buying silicone, the same one's we use for aquariums. apply it on the gap where the housing and clear or amber plastic meet. hope this helps.
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 12-22-2004, 10:47 AM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

ok ill try silicone. whered you get the reverse glow gauge things

Comment

psychotic,

got them from loganss, a forumer on these threads.

Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

gauges

Originally posted by psycotic
          ok ill try silicone. whered you get the reverse glow gauge things
          i got my gauges off ebay. they are for a protege 5 check em out
          my page

it requires very simple mod of the housing thinggy. all you do is snip a lil piece of plastic out of the way of the cord. at least thats what i had to do

the protege5 has the same instrument cluster except the tach is on the right and it has a low fuel light(which sucks our cars dont ) it fits fine

EDIT there is a diffrence in the dx and lx gauges i think. i know there are two styles i will tell you for a fact that the LX style W/tach is close to the protege5 only backwards(which all you do is swap the inserts)
          Last edited by wheresthericego; 12-25-2004, 10:19 AM.
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

didnt see a pic of your glow gauges

Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
              didnt see a pic of your glow gauges
              Me neither.
              And I have a low fuel light (97 LX).

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                Me neither.
                And I have a low fuel light (97 LX).
                yup me too... handy little bastard that fuel light is

Comment

especially when you break your fuel needle and are too damn cheap to buy another.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                  X