Just to slap them down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to slap them down

so im driving home after dropping my gf home, and im between 2 big groups of cars, you know like 30 cars a mile ahead of me and a group a mile behind, and me in the middle, all alone. so i see 2 sets of headlights, headlights i reckognise, its a civic hatch (the old boxy ones) and a regular civic with ugly (and crooked) fog lights. theyre coming up fast, i figure about 110-115, which is dumb being that they just came from a big group of cars (dangerous too) so theyre about 50 yards behind me, and im going about 85 right now, i threw it down to fourth and take off like a bat outta hell, by the time i get to 6 1/2k rpms im doing a good 105-110, soon as i redline theyre even with me, shift into 5th and walk right by them. bout 10 seconds later im 4-5 cars ahead and pulling, and theyre just... hondas. we had caught up to the group of cars, so i slow down to the speed limit (65) and drive like nothing ever happened, of course they wiz by and weave in and out like morons. so they were gone, but im sure they got a good look at the PROTEGE symbol, and the MAZDA also.

honda
    Serenity's Dead.

I think they were coming up fast.. maybe as in 105.. which is where most of them are governed at...=]
    -torp.
    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

all i know is what i saw bro, and they were going a bit more then 105
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i could swear me and my friend was hitting like 115 - 120 while we were on the highway but his was a DX. We got there. Just took a long time. Unless it was a malfunction in his guages b/c he had aftermarket ones.
        '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Me and my friend got up to 125mph in his '97 Civic EX.
          -Robert
          '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

I was going 115 in my friend's EG hatch when it was stock, not very smart but oh well.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

I've hit 105 in my Jeep =)... Hows that for a random comment.
              YARR!

Comment

**** ive hit 85 in my 88 350 4 speed dumptruck :-)

Comment

160 and ill never do it again!
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                    160 and ill never do it again!
                    just out of curosity, what were you driving

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

my 92 protege lx. and before you call bs, i had about 30 miles of empty road so me and a friend played around, took me im guessing 4-5 miles to get up to 160. 120 is too fast now that im older and wiser, i cat believe i ever did something that dumb. just one little blow out and poof, im dead.
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i believe you man
                        i am not calling anything
                        I was just wondering, thats all

on my 3gen, i got up to 90 and backed off
                        too scared, lol

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                          my 92 protege lx. and before you call bs, i had about 30 miles of empty road so me and a friend played around, took me im guessing 4-5 miles to get up to 160. 120 is too fast now that im older and wiser, i cat believe i ever did something that dumb. just one little blow out and poof, im dead.

:bsmeter:
                          Sorry dude but the tranny maxes at 147-8 mph and it doesnt have the balls to even make it past 130. maybe if u had a turbo and a 626 5th gear

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                            :bsmeter:
                            Sorry dude but the tranny maxes at 147-8 mph and it doesnt have the balls to even make it past 130. maybe if u had a turbo and a 626 5th gear
                            Our speedos go to 140 anyway. They aren't very accurate at that speed
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ive gotten to 130

Comment

Working...
                              X