Datsun 240z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datsun 240z

As I was just driving home from work, I saw a cool as datsun 240, old school one you know, I decided to catch up and see if he wanted to have a bit of fun. I caught up, and the car was prettier than I thought, brand new sky blue paint, nice lookin rims, cool sounding exhaust. Probably as clean as the day it rolled off the showroom floor. Anyways, I got up next to the dude, and he was a pretty old guy, and I gave him a little rev, which got his attention. He looked over and smiled and nodded his head. I saw him downshift, so I did as well. We were both even until I hit like 5000, and I pulled about a half car. Hit 3rd same result. In the end I was about 3/4 of a car on him. We hit a light, and I asked him what was done....it was just stock with new paint, rims, and exhaust. Only 70k miles on it. Said he just wanted to go for a quick stroll in it. Beautiful car. He asked me what mine was and so on.....it was pretty cool. Not to slow of a car for 70s technology.
    Eat ****.

I was always under the impression those were really fast.

Comment

240z's are soo nice. i know a few people who put the 280z l28 turbo motor in their 240's

Comment

The old school ones arent to fast stock, i think like mid 15-16 second cars. I dont remember if they came in a turbo edition. But they can be modded to hell, and look evil.!
        Eat ****.

Comment

Oh, the wonderfull memories. A 240Z with any L28 280ZX motor in it is a mean machine whether it be Stock or modded. I sure miss my 280
          1982 Datsun 280ZX - R.I.P.
          1994 Mazda Protege DX -

Comment

I saw one like that about a year ago on ebay... I don't remember what engine it had exactly, but something by Chevy I'm pretty sure. Aside from my personal issue with the idea of defiling the rotary car, it seems like a really cool swap.

Comment

**** looks sick.. is this a 240?
              Attached Files

Comment

I *think* that's the 280, but I don't really know much about these cars. But yeah, that's a badass car. And you know there's a straight six waiting under the hood...

Comment

I don't know enough about those engines to even guess.

Comment

I had a neighbor do the v8 in his 280... that thing was f*ckin fast....
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You Guys are Killin me That Silver one is a 1983 280ZX belonging to Iceman. Their Straight Six engines 2.8 liter. Came in Coupes (Mine and Icemans) or 2+2's which in my opion are ugly. N/A or Turbo. Also the option of T-Tops (The GL (Grand Luxery) package) The baddest swap ever to one of 240 cars is Darius's LS1 Corvette Engine, Supercharged. Sideways or burnouts at will under 80mph Take your BP's and BPT's against that I can answer almost any info anyone wants to know about these cars. It was my first love

Last edited by Banzai94Pro; 01-23-2005, 06:51 PM.
                      1994 Mazda Protege DX -

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai94Pro
                        The baddest swap ever to one of 240 cars is Darius's LS1 Corvette Engine, Supercharged...
                        That looks more like an LT1 than an LS1. Look at the short runners and long flat intake plenum of the LT1.

The LS1 is supposed to look like that:

Comment

snatch that biatch! you could have an awesome project car with that one!
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Oh how I wish I were in Texas
                            1994 Mazda Protege DX -

Comment

Working...