Stock brakes suck!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock brakes suck!!!

To start off with the rotors are warped already from when I first got the car, so that didn't help the situation much at all. Anyway the other day I was almost late picking my kids up and was hauling some arrrssss around the on ramp on the main road then hitting the brakes hard shortly after to take a left turn. I could feel the car start to slow and that was about it.... I pressed a bit harder and no response, then I started to slowly pump the brakes and finally the car stopped. I can't wait to upgrade these damn things.... approximate speed was about 85-95 mph before slowing..... I hate stock...
    There's more to racing than in a straight line or circles.....

'04' Dodge SRT-4
    Borla 2.5" Cat-back
    MPx UDP
    MSD wires
    E.D. Hard Pipes
    Greddy Type-S BOV
    Mopar Stage I
    Mopar Short Shifter

'02' Mazda Protege ES
    Still in the works......

maybe you shouldn't drive so fast when you know your rotors are warped and the brakes don't work so well . . . just a thought

Comment

mine work good for me i dont have abs either, ^^ i let the engine slow me down most of the time

Comment

yeah, my brakes work fine too, had to replace te factory front disks and bads because they got too thin for inspection.

sounds like you need to bleed them anyway, new fluid wouldnt hurt either

if you got a maunal trany, use the engine to slow you down (normal predictable situations) you'd be suprised how much braking force the engine can produce
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

Perhaps you should have had the car saftied first then your rotors wouldn't be ****ed because they would have been machined or replaced before the car was certified.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

use DOT 5.5, and use better pads and a larger master brake cyclinder. braided lines are worthless so dont even bother with them by the way(I know from experience)...

Comment

it's DOT 5.1, not 5.5, whatever you do, don't use plain old DOT 5, it's bad for the lines, DOT 4 or 5.1 will work though.

Comment

yeah thats what i meant, my head wasnt all there.

Comment

it happens

Comment

Working...
                  X