Aggrivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggrivated

I'm new here, and i need some help with my car. Sounds really pitiful! NOt sure if its the cd player or the speakers. Both are factory right now. lookin for some advice on how to fix it up.
    The prob at the moment is that when i put a cd in the player it plays well for a while then starts to sound like a record player when its played low, when the volume is turned all the way *hangs head* you can still hear the person next to you It really makes me aggrivated that it sounds so crappy! Bad enough to drive me to drinkin if i didnt already
    >just lookin for some help here.

My advice, buy a new deck, new door speakers, amps, and a sub
    MODS:
    I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

the factory HU and speakers SUCK. if you just replace one you will see a world of difference. i recommend the HU first, b/c they quit faster. mine has no lighting and won't play cdr's anymore. then get a set of component speakers for up front and an amp. its not recommend to power aftermarket speakers without an externam amp unless the rms power rating on the speakers is lower than 50, and even then its still not the best idea. having a external amp will give you alot more mid range/bass out of your component speakers b/c a HU simply b/c they don't put out much power. a typical HU only puts out about 25 watts rms. If you having the money, get a sub and a amp as well. naturally subs require much more power to operate and the amps will be more expensive. if you do get a sub/amp you can delay on the external amp for the components at the moment, but you will still need it. Just give us an idea of how much you want to spend total or what your looking for and we can go from there. also tell us if you want a factory warranty from the item or if a private company warranty will do. we don't deal with shady internet companies and they do honor there warranty programs.
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

^^^ what he said:p:

yeah, the stock system sucks. even the MP3 and MSP systems suck ballz for the head unit, go to local stores, small and big, and test out every CD player they have. once you find one you want, post which one it is, and we'll find you the best deal on it components up front will defintely be the way to go. and running a set of components off the head unit just doesn't do them any justice.

Comment

what up

Originally posted by blue LEDz
          ^^^ what he said:p:

yeah, the stock system sucks. even the MP3 and MSP systems suck ballz for the head unit, go to local stores, small and big, and test out every CD player they have. once you find one you want, post which one it is, and we'll find you the best deal on it components up front will defintely be the way to go. and running a set of components off the head unit just doesn't do them any justice.
          Well that it does, (SUCK) but i think mine takes the cake! *sighs and hangs head* less than a foot away and i can still hear pple run there mouth I Want nuttin but a good vibe bumpin in there! yeah man!:p:

Comment

also try to test every cd player on the same brand new/model of speakers, i know thats kinda hard to do from shop to shop but it will have an affect on your decision.

BTW what year of protege do you have?
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

Re: what up

Originally posted by quicksilverdee
              Well that it does, (SUCK) but i think mine takes the cake! *sighs and hangs head* less than a foot away and i can still hear pple run there mouth I Want nuttin but a good vibe bumpin in there! yeah man!:p:
              Does your girlfriend talk to much and you want to tune her out?! :p: When I started piecing my system together, I started out with a head unit (the Alpine that I have in there now) and right away, the volume increased and it sounded better. I eventually got the rest of it in to my present day system. Now there is no turning back I guess the question is how much are you willing to spend? From there, a lot of people can advise you on the most bang for your buck without skimping on sound quality.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

Re: Re: what up

Originally posted by MisterT
                Does your girlfriend talk to much and you want to tune her out?! :p: When I started piecing my system together, I started out with a head unit (the Alpine that I have in there now) and right away, the volume increased and it sounded better. I eventually got the rest of it in to my present day system. Now there is no turning back I guess the question is how much are you willing to spend? From there, a lot of people can advise you on the most bang for your buck without skimping on sound quality.
                Dont Have a Girlfriend.... Because i am a girl!!!! Anyways... I have a long way to go to make it sound good. Nah i just like things loud. my cars loud so im trying make the sound loud too!
                Just had a performance muffler put on! yeah! Looking to spend under 200 for my cd player still lookin around for the rest

Comment

I'd suggest a JVC as I'm partial to them.
                  2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
                  Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                    also try to test every cd player on the same brand new/model of speakers, i know thats kinda hard to do from shop to shop but it will have an affect on your decision.

BTW what year of protege do you have?
                    its a 2000

Comment

for 200 bucks i assume you don't want a full manufactor warranty and will settle with a dealer warranty. anways here are a few HU i would recommend for that price range.

Panasonic CQ-DF903U its 205

Pioneer DEH-P6500 180

jvc,alpine,blaupunkt and clarion make some good stuff, but its more expensive, i would stay away from kenwood, heard way to many stories and had to many bad experiences with them.
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

jvc

Hey guys i found a jvc that i kinda liked today at an auto shop. it was the kds690, if ya'll have any input let me know, but im still looking around or playin, i guess

Comment

JVC KD-S690 its 94 bucks on www.ikesound.comJVC KD-LH1100 is 195. go check that model out and let us know what you think.
                          '02 classic red p5

Comment

Working...
                          X