lookin for the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin for the best

Been to a few sites for car alarms, nothing that really caught my eye. Except for the prestige996c from autotoys.com More sites would be great.
    Lookin for something along the lines of a 2 way pager alarm system.
    Has to be good so i can protect what im gonna invest in

I have heard good thing about the Compustar:

I actually have the 2wss-as alarm/starter combo to be installed in my car.

Comment

There's only one alarm company.....DEI

Viper
      or
      Clifford

Comment

i've heard alot of good things about compustar. the 2 way paging system with keyless starting is around 600-800 bucks, plus installation.
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
          There's only one alarm company.....DEI

Viper
          or
          Clifford
          And they all have the 6 tone siren I loved the Python 1500HD with remote start, but didn't care for the remotes nor the siren. Programmable or not, it still has the 6 obnoxious tones that nobody pays attention to when it goes off. One of the best sirens I have heard was the Code Alarms (it would scare the **** out of people when disarming it) One woman (when at college) slammed her book bag up against it by accident (no damage) and I was in the car next to it (my former gf's) and it scared the **** out of her. It not only chirped loudly if you hit it hard enough, but the horn would blast too!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

1st off, the alarm is only as good as the installation 2ndly, you get what you pay for in most cases. the cheaper the alarm, the fewer the features. it's not like the super expensive ones "feel" the shock any better if you want a 2-way alarm (one that the remote beeps and/or vibrates), you have 2 choices, the FM ones, or the Spread Spectrum ones. the SS ones have a ton more range, and work better if you are parked in a parking garage or if you are in a building. this is the one i use:

Comment

I was reading their entry level system and they have a remote start for manual transmissions? I thought that vendors did away with that. I know it can be done, but the person better remember to keep his Ebrake on and not have it in gear!
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

ACtually Proteges and I am sure many other cars have a neutral sensing wire, that will only allow the car to be in neutral to be started. SO the autostart is safe.

Comment

alarms

THanks for the info... im still lookin around found one on www.autotoys.com and checked out the site blue put up, some nice ones but i was too tired to read the writing im being lazy now.... wasnt a good day.... Anyways thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X