Zapco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zapco

Hey guys. It's me again with more audio ignorance!

I've been looking for an amp to drive my Diamond Audio MK2 sub. The sub specs are here: It's 2ohm.

Here's my question. I may be able to get a halfway decent deal on a Zapco 500M. I've been searching and searching, but I can't find anywhere that provides the specs to this amp, so I'm asking the gurus here.

Can I drive my sub with this amp properly?

I know that a JL 500/1 is about perfect for my application, but I can't find one for less than 340 or so, and the Zapco's a little less expensive.

Thanks in advance!
    (Yeah, I cross posted on more than one club, but I want as much exposure/advice as I can get! )

exactly which model sub do you have? is it a mark II M6? or is it an older sub? the link doesn't have all the info, since it cut out the middle when you pasted it.

as for the amp spec, try e-mailing them.

Comment

It's an M6. Sorry 'bout the copy-n-paste job.
      Last edited by Natey; 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM.

Comment

if it's the dual 2 ohm model of the sub, then you need to find an amp that puts out 500+ watts at 1 or 4 ohms mono. zapco tends to make their amps 2 ohm stable. if i remember correctly, they had a 500M model out a few years ago. their current reference line has a 500.1, but that one is also 2 ohm stable.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just keep lurking for a 500/1.

Comment

how about a DLS A6 for $400 shipped?

quality is right up there with zapco, better than JL, IMHO.
            you can run your sub at 4 ohm for over 500 watts rms to it (the amp is underrated at 4 ohms). and later, if you add a second sub, you can run it at 1 ohm for about 1200 watts.

Comment

Working...
            X