Air Intake System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Intake System

are there any Air Intake Systems that will fit a 1997 1.5L mazda protege i havent been able to find one

There is one made by Essential Speed from Cambridge Ont.
    SEARCH for more information.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Hello, and welcome to our forum!

Please do use the SEARCH button. You will find all there is to know on where to find one, or how to make one by yourself. This have beed previously discussed many, MANY times. Goodluck.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

WARNING WARNING I suggest not ordering anything from Essential Speed. They will not hesitate to take your money then they will wait an eternity to ship it. Getting a local shop to custom make one or making one yourself is the better way to go. IMO

Oh yeah and welcome. Nice to have another member aboard.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Pardon the forum members if we are a little testy with this question, but really, it is the eternal question asked by all newcomers to the board who are strapped with the fun-sized engine that the vast majority of us are. I know i asked it when i first got here, and i got annoyed answers, and now in retrospect i understand why. Oh, and Logan is right, essentialspeed isn't really a viable option if you are looking to actually have the intake in your hands, but if you just want to have ownership of one on paper, then by all means call them up.

Oh, and welcome
          R.I.P.
          Pro-Pro
          1998 - 2005
          "Live fast, die young, sell you parts on e-bay"

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            You can go with Essential, but not recommended. Too expensive $200 plus months for delivery.
            But you could also do what some members have done, and buy a civic intake from pep-boys and use that, with minor adjustments.

Comment

hi i am new in this website in this club and this is my question what air intake Systems cant fit in a mazda protege 1.5 1995? somebody tell me where
              buy .

thanks
              att:
              manases landing
              protege 95

Comment

You can buy them at the nearest grocery store. Cheaper by the dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by manasses
                  hi i am new in this website in this club and this is my question what air intake Systems cant fit in a mazda protege 1.5 1995? somebody tell me where
                  buy .

thanks
                  att:
                  manases landing
                  protege 95
                  Did you even READ this thread??
                  Its not that hard.
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

lmao...
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

thanks but i find the intake

and i find oter but thank for you help :-0

but thankss and i know dont write very good the englis pero me val e madre hablo mas idiomas que vosotros dio min cualindi farmico cuarci pior di no indotriandi or di papisco jaja

Comment

It's not important how many languages you speak.
                        What's important is the skill of being able to do a search before you post about something as simple as an intake system.

And if you know what's good for you, you wouldn't be buying anything from Essential Speed.

Comment

here's some information and pictures of the CAI in my BH. it's a custom job from the maf to the fog light cavity.

Comment

hey Stefan, that looks really good. I've wanted to do something like that, but have lacked the money. I saw you said something about the induction noise, and i know what you mean, i put on just a simple ractive air filter/cone on the end of mine in the bay, the warmer it is outside the louder it is, the one thing i love about it.
                            I've been thinking about making that myself, but i dont have any fog light holes since i have a 98, but im sure i can find something to rig up for it to work. Is that whole system welded together? i can probably do that at school, just buy the piping from NAPA or Advanced Auto and make it myself. If it just put that silicone tubing at the joints do you think that would work, or would it be to unstable to be safe. lastly( i know, im long winded ) do you have any braces or anything holding it up or is it just naturally sopported where the tube goes where the old resonator went.

Mods:
                            JDM Headlights + Corners
                            JDM Tailights
                            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                            Shaved Side Mouldings
                            Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                            Cone Filter
                            KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                            E-Bay front strut bar
                            Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                            40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                            and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

it's welded together. just two bends and a straight pipe, simple job. i've connected it to the maf as you can see with silicon hose and on the other end i have used another piece of silicon hose to enlarge the diameter of the pipe so it fit the inlet of my 3" k&n snugly. i think if you fitted the pipes together with silicon hose instead of welding you'd need to brace it quite solidly which would be more work than welding imo.
                              where it goes through the hole into the foglight cavity i've simply wire tied it so it won't move - the hole itself gives you vertical clearance in the fog light cavity for your filter.

the cavity is far from air tight (as you'll see when you get in there) and i'd venture that even without the hole in the front of the bumper you will get more fresh air than you need but you can make up your own mind

Comment

Working...
                              X