ABS light then Brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS light then Brake light

This morning I was driving to work like every other morning when my ABS light came up in my dash. I was at a stop at that moment. When my vehicle started to move again, the light came off. At the next stop my ABS light and parking brake light came on and has not come off since then.

I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience. Is my brake fluid low?(had not time to check it yet) The dealership did an oil change 1000 KM ago, arent they suppose to check all fluids?

I drive a 2002 Protege 5 with 55000 KM and my brake pedal pressure feels as usual. I change my front brake pads last summer.

Thank you in advance

Justin

ive never had this problem, but in the manual it says if the parking brake light comes on while your driving there is somethign wrong with your brake system like mayb it needs more/new fluid.. and if the abs light comes on when your stopped that means its malfunctioning somehow.... this is just my knowledge

i donno though it sounds like it shouldnt be having problems.. mayb take it to the dealer? sry i couldnt help more

Comment

I am no expert but, I had a similar issue where brake system warning lights came on while coming to a stop. It turned out that all i needed was a break job - new pads and turn the rotors. In my mind it works like this : sealed system with fluid and no leaks - as the pad got smaller the cylinder had to expand more to press against the rotor, low fluid in the resivoir trigered warning lights for low fluid. I believe the warning lights went out when the cylinder retrackted to a non braking position. I drive a 2002 Protege ES with similar mileage and did not experience any change in the brade pedal feel. Again, no expert - but did you also turn the rotors when changing the pads last summer? If not could they have worn more quickly?

Anyway - hope its something simple

Comment

I got the same problem. Bring the car back to the dealership and they change the rear right ABS sensor. cost me 300.00

Comment

Ah geez, are you serious? I have the same thing happening and I am figuring that it is an ABS sensor as well... is that sensor one of 4 on the car? Is it located in the caliper itself?

-Rob
          robpilgrim@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X