Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to ya'll. My name is Hazzy and I am 16 years old from central IL. My main hobby is playing guitar in a hard rock band, but I've developed a growing interest in wanting to spend money on my car rather than guitar stuff. I drive a '99 Protege (see sig. below), and I get crap from all of my friends, who all drive American cars. It angers me to the fullest, so hopefully this place will be a nice warm escape, full of import love. I'll take some pics of my car and post them soon. I'm actually pretty disappointed with its exterior right now... lots of scratches that a recent polishing job I did actually brought out even more. Oh well, I'll ask about that in another forum room later. Thanks for reading... I hope to get you know you all and your cars!
    Dark Blue '99 Protege LX w/ 3.3 kohm sensor resistor, blue xenon headlights and backup lights, blue Street Glow under front seats in interior, clear corners and mesh grille being shipped at the moment.

waddup man, does your friends know that Ford owns mazda? So in a sense your car is just as american as theirs. Hope you like it on this board tho, theres lots of cool people and a bunch of really smart Protege guru's
    Eat ****.

Comment

Welcome to the forum man... please tell me you don't have that resistor hooked up to your MAF though.
      2002 Ford Focus ZX3
      1987 Mazda 323
      1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        waddup man, does your friends know that Ford owns mazda? So in a sense your car is just as american as theirs. Hope you like it on this board tho, theres lots of cool people and a bunch of really smart Protege guru's
        Ford owns like 33.4% of mazda, not all of it

Welcome to the forum!

[edit]

Oh yea, I hope that isn't one of those resistors that make you run in closed loop mode or whatever all the time... Not a good idea! Wastes gas and does nothing for performance, and it's probably eating your catalytic convertor if it's running as rich as it could.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Hey guys, yeah, it's one of those MAF resistors. I have heard enough bad stuff about them to cause me to rip it out, so I'll go do that right now...
          Dark Blue '99 Protege LX w/ 3.3 kohm sensor resistor, blue xenon headlights and backup lights, blue Street Glow under front seats in interior, clear corners and mesh grille being shipped at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazman
            Hey guys, yeah, it's one of those MAF resistors. I have heard enough bad stuff about them to cause me to rip it out, so I'll go do that right now...
            Good choice It's really a pain in the ass how ebay sellers make these wonderful claims yet suck balls.

Post some pics of your car
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Welcome!

(Hey, if you're ever around Peoria and you see an old guy in a red Eclipse convertible, wave to him. That's my dad.)
              ~Mark.
              2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

I thought ford owned 33.3 percent?. reguardless welcome. use the search button before u ask questions. Or the man will rag u to no end :-/

Comment

welcome bro. I was 16 not too long ago (im 17 now) Enjoy this addicting hobby!
                  My OLD Car

Comment

welcome to the board

Comment

"Welcome", from a fellow newbie!
                      Tink

2003.5 Titanium MSP

Comment

welcome! how did you find the board?
                        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Working...
                        X