Good, inexpensive aftermarket muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, inexpensive aftermarket muffler?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a muffler for my '99 LX. It seems like there is a VERY broad range of options to consider. I see some mufflers on eBay for $15, and some for hundreds. Are the $15 - $30 "N1-style" or "Bomb S" mufflers pieces of crap? I don't want to spend more than $100 total, including installation. Speaking of which, what is better, bolt-on or welded? I also have no clue how much welding would cost to have done. I guess I'm full of questions and pretty clueless. One thing I do know is that I do not want a "fart can". I don't want an annoying, loud go-kart sound. I want a higher-quality, deeper sound. Not necesarily a lot louder. I mainly want a new muffler for an increase in sound quality, looks, and performance. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
    Dark Blue '99 Protege LX w/ 3.3 kohm sensor resistor, blue xenon headlights and backup lights, blue Street Glow under front seats in interior, clear corners and mesh grille being shipped at the moment.

I would highly recommed finding someone who is selling their Racing Beat or Mazdaspeed muffler. That is what I did. I paid the guy $80 shipped and Meineke bolted it on for a couple of bucks. It is not too loud but sounds nice. I would check mazdamp3.com for the mufflers. People are always selling theirs.

Comment

I agree with Proto2K. Or get a new one from Mazdastuff.com. The Mazdaspeed axle-back is slightly louder than the Racing Beat muffler...if I were to do it over again I'd get the Racing Beat.

If you want to hear my exhaust note, check out my website and then click MOD LIST...there's a sound clip there.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Magnaflow makes some of the best exhaust equpiment on the market.
        95 Civic Ex. Blah.

Silver MSP coming soon.

Comment

Working...
        X