Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Alpine Type S

hi everyone,

just put in my 6.5" Type S's. what an improvement. I like them much more than the infinity kappas. i'd definitiley recommend them to anyone, although they did require a little cutting to fit the 6.5". not hard tho, home depot has a sheet of 2 x 4 1/2" MDF for 7 bucks. Definitley easy for anyone to do.
    2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
    2 MTX 6000's 10"
    MTX 4250D Amp
    Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
    B & M Short Shifter
    Kartboy Bushings
    Full Synthetic

Cool, I almost bought some Type S components, but went with some Boston Acoustics speakers instead. I look forward to getting rid of these crap Kenwoods.

Comment

why did they require cutting?
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Mounting depth I believe.

Comment

ah ok. is that a big problem with the type S's or is the 3rd gen door hole just not as deep?
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

the problem is the stock speaker is 6x8, and he put in 6.5's. that's what the wood and cutting was required for.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              the problem is the stock speaker is 6x8, and he put in 6.5's. that's what the wood and cutting was required for.

Yea, not cutting the door. you have to make an adapter plate first to mount a 6.5" speaker in the stock 5 x 7/6 x 8 holes. Not too difficult, just pull out the old speaker and use it as a template for cutting.
              2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
              2 MTX 6000's 10"
              MTX 4250D Amp
              Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
              B & M Short Shifter
              Kartboy Bushings
              Full Synthetic

Comment

Working...
              X