Help with stock alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with stock alarm

Help! I have a 2003 Protege ES with the stock alarm. The problem with it is whenever I try to use the keyless entry to lock the doors, the exterior and interior lights flash and stay on. I have to start the car to get them to turn off. Also, the LED indicator on the top of the steering wheel always stays on, no matter if the car is running or not. When I get out of the car, I have to use the lock on the door to lock the doors, and I can use the keyless entry to unlock the doros without the lights getting 'stuck' on. The car has about 51,000 miles on it, and it has been doing this since about 40,000. I do have a system and aftermarket headunit, but they have been in the car since it had 100 miles on it. I have not taken it to the dealer yet, as it is a couple hours away. Does anybody here have any ideas what could be wrong, or have had a similar experience? Thank you.

Cliff: Keyless door lock causes parking lights to stay on, do not turn off until car is started. Help!

Just found the solution on msprotege

"Issue: Alarm Keeps Parking Lights On When Activated.
    What: When you set the alarm with the remote, the parking lights & tail lights stay on. Can and will cause the battery to die if you don't notice or get it fixed.

Why: The alarm control module is defective

How To Fix: Return to dealer and have it replaced under warranty. Be prepared to wait a long time, however, as these parts were/are on national backorder. Until then, you just have to lock the doors inside & not use the alarm. There is a way to remove the alarm completely, however, this is a public forum and it would be stupid to tell people how. Consult your local audio professionals if you choose to remove the alarm until the new unit gets in.

TSB/M-Tip: Not available."

This sucks

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      the stock alarm is a total piece of ****.. get rid of it and get an aftermarket addon
      Thank you for your suggestion. However, I currently do not need an aftermarket alarm, the stock one is good enough for now. I do not live in a area where I really need an advanced alarm, I just want my keyless entry to work correctly.

Comment

Update: I went to the dealer today and they had no problem fixing the alarm control module under warrenty.

Comment

Working...
        X