Racing the hills of Nor Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing the hills of Nor Cal

Just last night went out to buy a few beers downtown about at 9:00 pm. I live in a very country typical town so there are plenty of hills and empty isolated roads. So on my way back after buying the beer I drove back to my apartment.

I almost had the thought, "Well, I am just going to open one, it is a very isolated road and no cops will be around, but my angel told me to wait"...

So, I see this SUV with damn high beams and fog lights on my ass so I assumed it was the cops, but for like 15 minutes keeps following me and like I said this is a plce where you can be face to face in the darkness with somebody and you wont see it to tell you how dark it gets at night.

So I nailed it and punched the accelerator cutting thru turns and trying to leave him behind and I kinda of tested him cause I said if it a cop he would have pulled me over a long time ago driving like this.. BUT he did not, I kept racing and left him behind until it started raining and had to let go cause the road was to bad.

He pulls me over and the first thing he says ( I swear dude, "I am amazed this little car runs that fast"), I gave him some BS explanation that he never pulled me over and thought he was going to carjack my car and floored it....LOL

So, he said it made sense my explanation and gave me thumbs up cause I did not drink, but cant get any cooler than getting complements from a cop telling me the car runs fast LOL (dude NO damn BS, it is ridiculous)

Soooo.... it was a cop.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Nice story.

Comment

Yes, it was a damn cop following me all the way. The strange thing was that he says " You cut six times on the turns where there is double line" , SO WHy da hell did you not stop me?

He is like you did 50 mph in a school zone, well, Why the hell didn't you stop me then, so I felt I was being stalked and some dude was going to fu**ed u**p with me in this isolated town. It just makes sense (You Know).

The funny thing was when he said " I never thought this car ran so fast" , something like that. I do know he was questioning himself how the hell the car ran so fast. I am talking about a cop who tells me my car runs fast ?????? Anybody? Buller?

Comment

cliff notes:

suv follows protege for awhile
          Protege slows and speeds up to see if it really is a cop
          cop finally gets bored and pulls pro owner over
          cop complements protege for being faStaR
          Pro owned gives excuse of fear of 1st gen protege getting jacked
          cop then gives thumbs up for being sober and leaves
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

good notes, hope were not gonna be tested, cause im gouging my eyes out right now in hopes that it makes me forget.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Nice story. There are some cool cops around. A lot of cops here do 130-140km/h on our newest highway (limit is 100). They don't have a problem with you matching their speed if you're behind them. I've been caught with my pants down a few times (merging @ 140-150 only to look in the rear-view to see it's a cop behind you) but not haven't gotten stopped. I guess they get a good laugh out of seeing brake lights and nose dive while on the highway, or maybe I'm just insanely lucky.

Cops here don't rush to give a ticket if they're just cruising around (and you eventually slow down), but if you see one stopped on the side of the road and speed past it...

Comment

BS or not thats kinda funny
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I think ur living in the good side of Nor. Cali. Cuz where Im from "Silicon Valley" the cops hand cuffed me and put me on the hood of their car just cuz they thought I was racing on the neighborhood when all I was doing was warming up my car on the sidewalk at my girls house.

Comment

Well LOL cops don't like it when your on sidewalks.... HAHAHA
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What kind of car is it ... ?

Nice story .. frigin funny if you ask me ...

Reminds me of my younger days when I did soemthing stupid in my protege, like overtake someone in front of me on a 2 way street, across the double yellow, and not realize there was a cop right behind me. lol....

pulled me over, and asked me if I saw him .... I was like "Nope, it was pitch black back there".

Never did that again.
                      Live and Learn
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        What kind of car is it ... ?

Nice story .. frigin funny if you ask me ...

Reminds me of my younger days when I did soemthing stupid in my protege, like overtake someone in front of me on a 2 way street, across the double yellow, and not realize there was a cop right behind me. lol....

pulled me over, and asked me if I saw him .... I was like "Nope, it was pitch black back there".

Never did that again.
                        Live and Learn
                        my dad let me take out his trans-am for 5 minutes to take my girlfriend at the time, for a drive...

did a smokey burnout right past a coffee shop where a cop was comin right out of...
                        lol, never did that again

Comment

I remember back in '97 when I was driving my civic ex w/ sebring muffler and lowered when I down shifted next to the undercover cop, cut him off and slammed on my brakes. Just so I can get in on his lane. He pulled me over and he was gonna give me a phat ticket but instead he let me go just because at the time I haven't had a ticket (clean driving record)
                          and before I took off he asked me if the car is fast because he heard alot of people talking about the "vtec" at this work and he's planning on getting an integra or civic w/ "vtec". I told him its aight.....

Comment

turbo I5 c70 volvo racing an ss camaro on the freeway. Good times... until the cops shut us down...... who knew the 150 governer could be reached so fast?
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                            X