Ricy SI didnt know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricy SI didnt know

this true story begins with me and my 91 EGT 5-speed coming home at like 11pm after the movies.

now this dude from school has this ricy 99 bodystyle civic Si. its a stick shift, but hes got the whole deal, body kit, ENORMUS rear wing, 17" rims, intake, cat back, header, lots of stickers, 2 12" subwoofers and a couple ricy gauges.

so we're on the road back into my town from where the theater is.
    the speed limit is 55, 3 lanes. so at 1st i have my heat on max kuz its a cold night, and he rolls up next to me and before i realize whats happening he shoots into 2nd and does this gay fly-bye, (we were going 40mph) so i go down to 3rd, kuz i dont really care at this point. so then were side by side and my friend whos in the car with me signals us at a 40 mph roll, this time i go to 2nd and so does he, but i pulled 1 car length on him by the end of 3rd. (the heat was still on max lol)
    i know, i know street racing is bad, whatever, there was no one around.

and i was surprised that i pulled on him, i really thought the Si's were faster then that.
    he's a good driver too, i'll give him that. but i guess that V-tec just wasnt enough to make up for his huge wing and bodykit. lol

all in all a fun night, and in the end i had his gurlfriend making fun off him along with me.

oh by the way.....my car was stock with 78k miles att the time. two days later i got a cone filter.
    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

man you showed him.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

GO > show
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

tho Vtech motors are quick....about 150-160hp....i got my ass handed to me a few times buy thos SI civics....with the gtx tho.....thats a whole new ball park.....wwwweeeee
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

hmm u beat an Si on arolling start? Did u reach ur 3rd gear? if so, he would've definitely caught up on a higher rpm.

99 SI= 2,400-2,600 lbs w/ 160 flywheel hp
          91 EGT= 2,400 lbs w/ ur girl. Lets say that + 100 lbs.
          you mentioned of him having the h/i/ex and ur car is stock.
          = No way.
          Unless he's on 3rd gear and ur on 2nd then yeah u can.

and how can u tell if the guy on a civic is a good driver when all u guys did was down shift? its not like u guys launched on first gear.

I'm not saying ur BS'ing but I think the civic messed up on his down shift or he probably didn't down shift.

Good story tho....

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
            hmm u beat an Si on arolling start? Did u reach ur 3rd gear? if so, he would've definitely caught up on a higher rpm.

99 SI= 2,400-2,600 lbs w/ 160 flywheel hp
            91 EGT= 2,400 lbs w/ ur girl. Lets say that + 100 lbs.
            you mentioned of him having the h/i/ex and ur car is stock.
            = No way.
            Unless he's on 3rd gear and ur on 2nd then yeah u can.

and how can u tell if the guy on a civic is a good driver when all u guys did was down shift? its not like u guys launched on first gear.

I'm not saying ur BS'ing but I think the civic messed up on his down shift or he probably didn't down shift.

Good story tho....
            ok number 1: it was a rolling start, and no we both went off 2nd gear.
            number2:his si has all kinds of interior crap and those sub woofers and amps.
            number 3, his header is 4 years old, its a piece of crap, even he will tell you that
            number 4 i've riden with him a couple times, his car is not that fast because he drives to redline in every gear, all the time, so its engine is a beat down piece of crap. and that is also how i know he's a good driver-a dumb lead foot driver- but a good one.
            number 5 my point in saying hes a good driver was to let you guys know he didnt just mess up his down shift and lost because of that.
            and by the way...i would love to know why you guys think that you can tell me what happenned?
            i dont want to be rude at all, but were you there?
            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

im not calling bs, cause it has to be true if you started off with this
              this true story begins with me and my 91 EGT 5-speed coming home at like 11pm after the movies
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                im not calling bs, cause it has to be true if you started off with this

lol is that sarcasm?
                1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                  ok number 1: it was a rolling start, and no we both went off 2nd gear.
                  number2:his si has all kinds of interior crap and those sub woofers and amps.
                  number 3, his header is 4 years old, its a piece of crap, even he will tell you that
                  number 4 i've riden with him a couple times, his car is not that fast because he drives to redline in every gear, all the time, so its engine is a beat down piece of crap. and that is also how i know he's a good driver-a dumb lead foot driver- but a good one.
                  number 5 my point in saying hes a good driver was to let you guys know he didnt just mess up his down shift and lost because of that.
                  and by the way...i would love to know why you guys think that you can tell me what happenned?
                  i dont want to be rude at all, but were you there?
                  Im not saying ur BS'ing that u didn't beat him all Im saying is that the si probably shifted on 3rd gear instead of 2nd that is y u beat him or maybe he didn't rev high enough to hit the vtec. Better yet maybe his running 3 cylinder etc....
                  Your excuses about his car is kinda lame.
                  I had 12" pioneer speakers w/ flexiglass box and 2 sony explode amps. All together they weigh not even close to 65lbs. U have a passenger at the time. Ur passenger weighs more than the system.
                  His headers is 4 years old and a piece of crap but he still have a headers and u don't. O yeah, how old is ur stock headers again?
                  I had a sohc vtec w/ nitrous and I was redlining it for 4 years and I was still able to hit 14.8 on a street tires back 4-5 years ago. I use that car daily and drive it to Las Vegas or Reno Nevada for CarShows too and thats 8 hours drive to Vegas and 4 hours drive to Reno.

Sorry dawg, but I don't mean to be an ass its just that its kinda hard to believe a 125hp smoked a 160hp w/ almost the same weight and on a rolling start too...

Comment

well, im not saying its should look good on paper, but i know for a fact he went to 2nd and i know for a fact that i beat him. how do i know? i asked him.
                    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                      tho Vtech motors are quick....about 150-160hp....i got my ass handed to me a few times buy thos SI civics....with the gtx tho.....thats a whole new ball park.....wwwweeeee
                      It's VTEC, V-TECH is a phone.

A stock '99 Civic SI can run a high 15 with me driving... with the average driver they run mid-16's though
                      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I don't know where T4TURBO is from but the cdn civic si uses the 127 hp sohc vtec and with **** torque #'s...they fall to the rearview with ease! The cdn civic "sir" has the 160 hp dohc vtec...I tried an '04 sir (hatch style) and though I was more impressed with it as opposed to previous vtec civics, I'ld still run against one in my ol' GT with no shame!
                        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                          I don't know where T4TURBO is from but the cdn civic si uses the 127 hp sohc vtec and with **** torque #'s...they fall to the rearview with ease! The cdn civic "sir" has the 160 hp dohc vtec...I tried an '04 sir (hatch style) and though I was more impressed with it as opposed to previous vtec civics, I'ld still run against one in my ol' GT with no shame!
                          The USDM '99-'00 Civic SI comes standard with the 160hp/111lb-ft 1.6 DOHC VTEC motor. The USDM Civic EX came with the 127hp SOHC VTEC motor that the Canadian Civic SI came with... but the '92-'95 USDM Civic SI (hatchback) came with the 127hp SOHC VTEC, they're turds I'm not going to call BS, i've heard that lots of EGT's run high 15's low 16's stock which is right on par with a '99-'00 Civic SI. The Civic SI is definetly a torqueless wonder, 111lb-ft at what, 8000 rpm? The EGT has more torqe than that at less rpm and it's a lighter car.
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                            The USDM '99-'00 Civic SI comes standard with the 160hp/111lb-ft 1.6 DOHC VTEC motor. The USDM Civic EX came with the 127hp SOHC VTEC motor that the Canadian Civic SI came with... but the '92-'95 USDM Civic SI (hatchback) came with the 127hp SOHC VTEC, they're turds I'm not going to call BS, i've heard that lots of EGT's run high 15's low 16's stock which is right on par with a '99-'00 Civic SI. The Civic SI is definetly a torqueless wonder, 111lb-ft at what, 8000 rpm? The EGT has more torqe than that at less rpm and it's a lighter car.

thank you. someone who can reason
                            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

This is by far the dumbest... wait no the stupidester post I have ever seen ...

what is the point of even posting this?

1. You raced a car that you knew if it was in tip top shape, would hand you your ass.

2. You making it seem like you beat a Vette.

3. It just doesn't make sense. Why bother to race someone with a beat up car? Whose engine is about to fall out, and then come on here and brag about it like it's big ****.

Who frigin cares?
                              Go race a Bus next.
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X