What would look better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would look better?

hey guys ive been getting diff things from diff people about my hubcaps and the steelies, i wanna know which would be best/look better untill i can get me some rims?

so steelies or chrome hubcaps lol

ohh yeh and my car is bluish with the black spoiler so im thinking steelies for now but i dunno

and im sure the rest of you will say the same.......

I'd go with the steelies.
    No matter how well chrome hubcaps are made they just don't come off looking that great.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Try to find some stock wheel covers from a bone yard. The "six spoke" design. They're the only ones I've seen that look decent.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yeah, I would go with decent looking wheel covers, preferably the stock ones. You can either find them used, or pay $60 at the dealer. You can also go with namy universal ones for around $20. Do not get chrome, though, it looks tacky. One thing I do not like about universal fit, is that it is never as tight of a fit as Mazda wheel covers.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ohh yeh ok thanks guys, i was actually thinking this last night of going to the junkyard sometime and getting some stock hubcaps off of some 2nd gens i saw. when i bought my car it only had 2 stock hubs on so i jsut took them off (should have kept them instead of trashing them) but yeh ill just run the steelies untill i can run to the junkyard

Comment

dawg, just get a first gen LX rims they're pretty cheap.

Man I can already see ur car in my head w/ the mods that u already have...
            I say sell ur spoiler because thats just extra weigh then buy the used rims w/ some used decent tires.

Spoiler and muffler ur first mods? u should've use the money toward some decent set of OEM rims or lowering springs.
            Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 01-08-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

hahah the muffler i got hella cheap from a friend so i just installed it, the wing i got from my dad on christmas even tho i dont like it my dad thinks its hella cool so im pretty much leaving it on there for him so i wont hurt his feelings. once i leave this base to one farther away i will be putting this spoiler on ebay and getting a stock spoiler.

are those 1st gen LX rims 13inch? maybe i can find some decent ones at the junkyard

Comment

14"

Comment

aight, thanks man

Comment

i have a set of 6 spoke first gen rims, not sure what they're off of though...but they look pretty good, in my opinion. 14" too, so the car sits just a tad higher, and my speedo is off ever so slightly ( at 45 my speedo reads about 46.5-47)

Mods:
                    JDM Headlights + Corners
                    JDM Tailights
                    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                    Shaved Side Mouldings
                    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                    Cone Filter
                    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                    E-Bay front strut bar
                    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'