Optima Battery Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optima Battery Fitment

negatiZe--I know this is off-topic and sorry about this, but I notice you have an Optima battery. I've been looking into replacing my stock (2nd one) with the same, but I can't seem to find one that fits. Can you tell me what model no. you're using and its size? And what kind of mod/attachment/accessory did you need to make it fit, if any? Thanks.

edit:
    PS If you feel you need to re-position my post to another topic (2nd gen engine? electronics?) then please do. Or if you could lead me to a relevant thread I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by neo; 10-06-2003, 09:57 AM.

1996 Mazda Familia NEO BHA8S
    (Protege ES Fastback equivalent)

1.8l BP-ZE engine, lightly tuned.
    Check out my website for details:
    La Sagrada Familia NEO

Actually, what I did was place a thick piece of plywood underneath the battery to hold it in place. Otherwise the stock battery mounting bracket will not keep it securely mounted. Getting a new battery tie down would also work probably, whichever you prefer.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE

Actually, what I did was place a thick piece of plywood underneath the battery to hold it in place. Otherwise the stock battery mounting bracket will not keep it securely mounted. Getting a new battery tie down would also work probably, whichever you prefer.
      Thanks. And did you get the smallest size one I suppose? I've found that most Optimas are made for American domestics, and they're huge.

1996 Mazda Familia NEO BHA8S
      (Protege ES Fastback equivalent)

1.8l BP-ZE engine, lightly tuned.
      Check out my website for details:
      La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

supposedly optima is woring on making a really small slim battery with the same high output
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Working...
        X