Mazda Speed 6 Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda Speed 6 Pics

Me and my wife went to the Los Angeles Auto Show on the weekend. Wishing the MazdaSpeed 6 was there! Behold the MS6! (look @ Pics) The car was on display but you weren't allowed to sit in it. The new MS6 will not have the 60/40 split back sit and no hatchback. I contacted my local Mazda dealership the they will have 10 in stock in June. I will be waiting to test drive the MS6, they say the acceleration is excellent!!!!!!

Attached Files
    Last edited by ablanco_jr2000; 01-10-2005, 05:51 PM.
    And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

UMMMM yup pics dont work.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Sorry for posting the pics twice my computer is acting up!!
      And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

mazda has a weird way with putting intercoolers on these new cars. MSP it was far back in the enginebay behind the rad. Atleast it was bigger than the miata shoe box they tossed in the front bumper. Now its on top of the engine with no ducts for cooling. Can you say "heat soaked". just my 0.02

Comment

lol looks good.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Nice pics d00d. Cant wait to see that thing rollin down the road. Sad but the factory boost is set at 15.6 psi. I would assume with more than a bar of boost it would break 300bhp....
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Damn, no split seats!? That kind of sucks to me. I understand it would be for rigidity, though.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

SWEET PICS!

btw - moved to General Mazda.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I Think I Might Have To Take A Loan Out From The Bank...

Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
                    mazda has a weird way with putting intercoolers on these new cars. MSP it was far back in the enginebay behind the rad. Atleast it was bigger than the miata shoe box they tossed in the front bumper. Now its on top of the engine with no ducts for cooling. Can you say "heat soaked". just my 0.02
                    see how the hood is buldged...the air flows in through the grille and upto the TMIC. It's not a boyracer car, it's much more sophisticated than that.

Comment

I would be curious to see the numbers of the TMIC vs a FMIC and see just how much hp (if any at all) is being lost.

Comment

FMIC contributes to lag, more piping, Top mount is actually a more efficient setup for a low/medium boost application. FMIC's are used to free up room in the engine bay (ie bigger turbo) and becuase they can have more surface area, and therefore more cooling.

Comment

if it were fwd I would agree since small/medium turbo works well and help reduce wheel spin. However since it is an awd car, I would much rather see a big ass turbo and more efficent fmic there to boost the power up. The only thing I wonder about is how much the drivetrain can take.

Also I think that the TMIC is mis-matched to the turbo. The factory boost is set @ 15.6 psi. That is no small turbo. I would think with a turbo that size, an FMIC would suit it much better. I also wonder how much more boost it has to give, or if 15 is already the max. If it had more to give, I would ditch that TMIC first thing for the more efficent FMIC. just my $.02

Comment

that's going to be my first brand new car.
                            Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Hopefully I'll either get my job back or get working at another Mazda dealership before it comes out. I'll try to explain to my boss that the MS6 needs to be driven around the block to help break in the turbo.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                              X