Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project overstreer (lol) : GI for 1st gen rear strut bar GROUp BUy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project overstreer (lol) : GI for 1st gen rear strut bar GROUp BUy!

Hey guys what's up!

With the permission of Mazdaracer I'm gauging interest for a 1st gen rear strut bar. It would be like the rare Mazdaspeed bar: two steel 'C' flanges and a bar, non-adjustable.

BUT IF you guys are ready to pay more, I could come up with something in aluminum but still non-adjustable.

Price? TOooo soon to tell. I need to know how much you guys are willing to pay. Then I'll do something that will suit your budget. Check the price of normal/good aftermaket strut bars and ask yourself if this is something you would buy at that price.

The plates will be laser cut and welded with the bar on a jig to ensure fitment. Holes on the flange will be slotted too, like the Mazdaspeed bar cause all cars are not exactly the same.

So if you are interested, post your nickname, type of bar (Steel$ or aluminum$$$) and how much you willing to pay. No joking please, I know you all want the best bars for a buck or less. :suckie:

Example: Maz1.8T, steel, 75$

Questions?

i'm interested, and if the price is right i'd buy one.

mustangjosh67, steel, ??
    '91 323 SE
    Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
    <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

whistler, steel, around $75

Comment

you do know that the 323 and the protege rear strut towers are ~4mm different in width right?

bpt323 posted about this discrepancy a while back here.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I would love to see a bar btw.

D323, Steel, 100 bux... price kinda depends on several factors.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
            you do know that the 323 and the protege rear strut towers are ~4mm different in width right?

bpt323 posted about this discrepancy a while back here.
            4 mm is .157 ... I could slot the mounting holes enough to fit the bar on both, OR, I make 2 welding jigs ... one the Pros, one for 323s. Not much more work involved, all the same parts are used ... yeah don't worry.

Comment

what kind of time frame? i am interested but if its soon i wont have the money due to the racing seat GB....
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
              Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                what kind of time frame? i am interested but if its soon i wont have the money due to the racing seat GB....
                I'm not in a hurry ...

Comment

i have a different need for my car right now... right now i use one that looks similar to ones sold on ebay.

PS the OEM rear ST bar is slightly adjustable at the bolt holes. very minimal but it is... anyone who would like pics of an oem bar let me know i'll get you hooked up.
                  Last edited by FE3-323; 01-13-2005, 01:03 AM.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

So this isn't for actual Mazda or MazdaSpeed bars? Just some custom made? I'd pay like $50 for an aluminum if it's custom made. Anyone with OEM Mazda/MazdaSpeed bars let me know.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

well if you are gonna make them to fit the 323 as well then i am interested and around $50 - 75 sounds like what i'd be willing to pay.
                      '91 323 SE
                      Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
                      <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

I would do a copy of the Mazdaspeed bar. I have a pic at home, I'll try to post it.

Comment

Definitely in if price is about or below $80CDN.

Will the bar be hollow or solid? (I'm guessing 1"?)

However, I must say I'd prefer NON-slotted holes. If this is an issue, I have no problem with you sending it to me with NO holes and me drilling them myself. (Maybe cut a discount too? hehe. )

Anyone thinking of doing the front bar?
                          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
                            I would do a copy of the Mazdaspeed bar. I have a pic at home, I'll try to post it.
                            I have I picture of mine handy...

2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss

Anyone thinking of doing the front bar?
                              ye, i will prototype it during this tie bar group buy, but thats another topic for another thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X