Anyone Hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Hunt??

Im gonna start hunting this winter, and i just wanted to see if anyone else hunted and what they hunt with and for?
    Eat ****.

i don't hunt wildlife (don't like the whole cleaning of the critter thing)... but I do shoot sporting clays and skeet...
    --JJB--
    '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
    Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
    16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
    15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
    Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I was thinking of picking up hunting this winter also. my buddies hunt dear. and have 100's of acres to go on. But im not sure i need to get some time with a rifle before i go stalking bambi

Comment

I hunt, Deer/doe, moose, black bear, duck, turkey, and hog. I have busy winter, then I fly fish in the spring/summer
        MODS:
        I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

Originally posted by irish
          I hunt, Deer/doe, moose, black bear, duck, turkey, and hog. I have busy winter, then I fly fish in the spring/summer
          I was gonna say Daaaaamn but i notice your from Maine lol

Comment

I don't hunt, but love to fish. Still haven't found a great spot to do so when I go out with my dad on his boat. Sucks not having a truck or SUV to pull it otherwise, it would make a nice date (going out in the boat).
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Don't hunt. Would LOVE to try it though. I'm into fishing though not very good.
              Last year when I was in College the class sizes droped by half at the beginning of deer season. And Moose season...... and duck seaason, and goose season.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I hunt deer every year (since I was 11) I also fish from time to time. After November, any MN protege people want some venison, let me know.
                2003 Protege5
                Midnight Blue MTX
                2002 Protege LX
                Black Mica MTX

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                  I was gonna say Daaaaamn but i notice your from Maine lol
                  I'm not actually from Maine. I am just stationed here. I am from Huffman, Texas. I met my wife here, and my father-in-law got me into huntting here.
                  MODS:
                  I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

just terrorists

i love shooting clay pigeons, but haven't been deer or duck hunting since i moved from minnesota 9 years ago

Comment

cool. I just went and bought a Mossberg Model 88 12 guage pump action shotgun. It wasnt the best gun, but I think it will suit my needs as a beginner just ****ing fine. Now i just gotta get my hunters safety license and then I can blow some ****ing animals away! Haha, jk, I really want to go and get myself a bear moose and pronghorn. But the moose license is like $1200.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                        cool. I just went and bought a Mossberg Model 88 12 guage pump action shotgun. It wasnt the best gun, but I think it will suit my needs as a beginner just ****ing fine. Now i just gotta get my hunters safety license and then I can blow some ****ing animals away! Haha, jk, I really want to go and get myself a bear moose and pronghorn. But the moose license is like $1200.

i have to carry a mossberg 500, since i'm on a naval installation great shotgun, though i just wish it wasn't against NATO to upgrade it to at least hold 6 rounds in the tube:p: very easy to disassemble and clean, which IMO is the most important part about owning a gun, along with safe handling

Comment

I don't see how you guys get pleasure out of killing animals.
                          Didn't your mothers teach you better.
                          -------------------------
                          '91 LX
                          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
                            I don't see how you guys get pleasure out of killing animals.
                            Its a challenge. Its way more than just killing an animal. You have to outsmart the animal, stalk and wait, then ambush him. It tests your patience, your skill. Its a good way to get "away" from it all also. That is unless you hire one of those outfitters to guide you around and ****, thats just cheating. I got a beagle, and im gonna teach him to snif out rabbits and stuff. It will be fun. Plus shooting stuff is just plain cool!!
                            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                              Its a challenge. Its way more than just killing an animal. You have to outsmart the animal, stalk and wait, then ambush him. It tests your patience, your skill. Its a good way to get "away" from it all also. That is unless you hire one of those outfitters to guide you around and ****, thats just cheating. I got a beagle, and im gonna teach him to snif out rabbits and stuff. It will be fun. Plus shooting stuff is just plain cool!!
                              I have to disagree. It's not that hard to "outsmart the animal" when you have a gun in your hands. When you start stalking it with a sticks and rocks in your hands that's when I'll call it somewhat even. I've never fired a gun, but I assume that it is pretty fun. However, my definition of "shooting stuff" is not live animals.
                              '91 LX
                              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
                              X