Corksport 1st gen Exhaust Group Buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corksport 1st gen Exhaust Group Buy.

That is a picture of the 3rd gen exhaust, and what it will look like finished.

This is pictures of the exhaust on a EGT (mysta316's car) not polished, and i believe that is the 2.5".

"Like 250 and it would be about 2 months or so befor they would be done once we get all of the payments. And if for some reason we would not get it done. all the money will be returned. but there would be no refunds if later you want to pull out of the group buy."

So we are looking at 250$ for the exhaust, and atleast a month before it will be finished. He said we would need atleast 10 people to start production. ANy size is available from 2 1/4 - 3" maybe bigger maybe smaller T304 Polished stainless steel. Along with the Turbo Downpipe(not included) for the boosted ppl this will make a killer exhaust.

Mistake: 250$ will be the downpayment...and another 139$ for the toal..

389.00$ total.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
      Mistake: 250$ will be the downpayment...and another 139$ for the toal..

389.00$ total.
      Hmm.. is that shipped?

<edited for clean up and to stay on topic --- Mazdaracer 1/20/05>
      Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
      you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

if its including shipping, its not a bad price at all.

One thing you all are overlooking is:

1: its mandrel bent
        2: you can pick any size tubing you want
        3: it has a resonator, that alone is worth 60-80 at a custom exhaust place

I'd like you guy saying "i can get that for 200 at my shop" to get a quote specificlaly saying MANDREL BENT & RESONATOR on the quote. I know you won't. It is hard enough to find a shop that does mandrel bends & if you bought mandrel bends off JC whitney & took them to a muff shop you'd spend well over $400.
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

So how much would shipping be in the states?
          Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
          you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
            meaning in the pictures it looks like ****... looks like its touching the side of the tunnel.... i don't want my exhaust to be hitting underneath... **** that.
            look at the pic where the resonator is... that looks really damn close.... keep in mind i realize you must have some room for the shift linkages and all... and also the corksport exhaust looks to be flanged not welded so im not sure about the real CS one.
            when i have something i put on my car and i pay for... im gonna want it to be exactly the way i want it. and nothing less.

OK, the pics are just of a exhaust that i build for my car in a few hrs. Its not going to be the one we make for the car. It does not hit the the body of the car at all.

I dont think i understand what your talking about it being "flanged and not welded"? Do you want the exhaust all one pice?

The pic of the polished exhaust is not the exhaust being made for the car that exhaust if for a 3rd gen portege. its just there to give you a idea what the exhaust will look like. witch we have sold alot of and have had no complaints about it.

I am just trying to see how many people want the exhaust befor we start doing other deals ontop of just the exhaust its self.

Shipping is about 45 dollars depending on ware you are.

Comment

It will be a bolt on exhaust no welding needed. The exhaust will look just like your stock one just bigger and mandrel bent and made from polished SS.
              the point of this group buy is to get them started. If its not somting you want made no big deal for us. I was just trying to get 1st gen protege guys more parts. If this goes well i could get other parts made.

Comment

So Im guessing this is basically a catback system right? Does the pricing remain the same up to 3", cause I need 3" as Im boosting as well. Im not too crazy about that muffler though, can we get a no muffler option for cheaper? - lol. Im pretty interested in this.

Under $400 for a polished ss mandrel bent exhaust system is not too bad. All you whiney bitches shut the **** up. This is exactly why our aftermarket sucks balls.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

the muffler is the big question... and 3" is what most want... a minimum of 2.5"....
                  what other parts are you thinking of making?
                  are you directly representing corksport?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    the muffler is the big question... and 3" is what most want... a minimum of 2.5"....
                    what other parts are you thinking of making?
                    are you directly representing corksport?
                    At first it will only be one size. so you would all have to want the same size.

Yes i work for CorkSport, my name is Chris.

Comment

id love to see new parts available.
                      maybe corksport should throw their idea's to the public eye... so we can choose what best interests us instead of limiting it to... buy this or we won't make other stuff.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

CS has never said that...but thats any how business is run. Your a smart guy,s o you know whats the point in makeing anything if noone will buy it. A honda is just as easy to build as any other motor(except fwd v6..). its just easier b/c so many people know so much. I have never owned a honda but i know almost every engine code that they make...its ridiculous, almost any tuner can. I dont even know how it got in my head.

Comment

ok i am interested, price isnt too bad, but i'm am curious if this would fit my 323 or not. but definitely interested.
                          '91 323 SE
                          Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
                          <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by mustangjosh67
                            ....but i'm am curious if this would fit my 323 or not. but definitely interested.

Good point. I was wondering too since there is a difference in the wheelbase (98.4in. vs 96.5in. respectively) if the hangers would be off or not.
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

IM not sure, does the pacesetter exhasut fit 323's?

For anyone interested:
                              389$ Final Price
                              250$ as a Group Buy down payment
                              10 People are needed to get this price, the more the lower.
                              Money will be sent to Corksport, not me.
                              SS Catback Exhaust from 2' to 3' depending on referrence.

Im not sure if there will be a discount for the turbo people who want to buy the Turbo Back exhaust with the Downpipe included.

There are a lot of people interested in this, but were turned off by the useless rant about price etc. SO please take that discussion elsewhere..

Comment

Working...
                              X