What is wrong with this picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this picture?

I went to wire up an amplifier this afternoon and had to take the battery out to get to the firewall. Take a look at these high quality battery terminal connections.
    Attached Files

mmm, corrosion owns j00!

I bought new terminals for my car, the gold plated ones..well just for the pos side anyhow. Looks like you need to change that bad boy out.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah, I wanna change both terminals... positive one was flaking apart in my hand, and negative is so corroded I couldn't tighten it enough. There was a ****ing pop can tab wedging it on to the terminal when I first looked at it!

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        Yeah, I wanna change both terminals... positive one was flaking apart in my hand, and negative is so corroded I couldn't tighten it enough. There was a ****ing pop can tab wedging it on to the terminal when I first looked at it!
        lol ghetto fabulous! Im suprised you haven't had a dead battery yet.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

damn dood. Make some baking soda paste and scrub that **** off. (H20 + bakingsoda)

Next go to Auto parts store and get the gold terminals that Marc talked about. I got mine with the extra holes for the amp wires. They ran me something like 12 bux. Dont forget to squirt some lithum (dielectric) grease in there to prevent that from happening again. Oh and they make a terminal cleaner for like 3bux, well worth it for making sure the posts on the batt are clean and good.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
            damn dood. Make some baking soda paste and scrub that **** off. (H20 + bakingsoda)
            Seriously the positive one is paper thin and was flaking off when I touched it... there's nothing to scrub off. I'm going to buy some new ones, hopefully today.

Comment

Bah, the terminal is going to be replaced, lol I didnt mean waste time scrubbing it.....

Scrub the acid off of the battery was what I meant, as the acid can spread to the new terminals you ARE getting correct?

Comment

Ah, OK. Yeah, I'm definitely going to do some major cleaning in that area. I will probably be getting a new battery as well sometime soon... this one's slowly on its way out.

Comment

dont foget to get the dielectric grease.... I always seem to walk out w/o the stuff.

Comment

I probably would have too... I don't work in the morning tomorrow so hopefully that's my chance to get this taken care of. BTW, I have now had a dead battery two mornings in a row... I think it's because I didn't put the pop can tabs back in so the connection is looser now .

Comment

hahaha, go buy a optima battery, they dont leak any acid so you never yave that problem....i am going on 9months with my red top and have left my head lights on a few times wil i was at work(5 or 6 hour shifts) and come out and the car fires right up
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.