X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road & Track 1st Drive of Lotus Elise

oh so sweet

'04 Titanium RX-8

If there was ever a car to give me a boner, this would be it. Why oh why can't I find $40k laying around???
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

I have this thing for the name Elise (this girl that I was in the orchestra with back in high school, her name was Elise, 1st chair violin, kind of a far away sophisticated sexiness )

and you don't even need to give her a name after you got the car!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

oh sweet mary its coming to the sates..!
        Ive been a fan of the elise fer years. Love to see one in person.
        '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Hey, guys I have read that article too, and Lotus is putting a Toyota four banger in there. Are there lots of mods for Toyota engines? I am currious because I have seen these cars brought here before and mostly they had a Honda engine, but I guess Toyota will have to do.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

no ****in way!! they are bringing the ELISE over here??? that is my favorite car ever! and for 40 g's? ****...i'm getting a loan right now, that car is too awesome to describe in words.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
              Hey, guys I have read that article too, and Lotus is putting a Toyota four banger in there. Are there lots of mods for Toyota engines? I am currious because I have seen these cars brought here before and mostly they had a Honda engine, but I guess Toyota will have to do.
              The honda ones were just weird hybrid cars

This IS official. Lotus is putting the Toyota motor in.

newcelica.org
              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
              -93 MR2, 129 ES
              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

toyota engines are better

Comment

That's just like, your opinion, man.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Eh....

2zzge is NOT my favorite engine. Toyota and Honda both make cool stuff, but there's a better aftermarket for high end Honda stuff....which is why I would go that direction for a custom built thing...
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Nice way to waste 30 minutes (reading through 8 pages of threads).

Looks like I'll have another reason to look forward to visiting my friends in SoCal in the future (since I know three people who plan on buying one...all autocrossers).

Oh, the 0-60 in 4.8 I believe. The 12.0 1/4 mile time is a little harder to believe, though. Maybe high-12's, but even in a 1970lb car, 190 isn't that much hp (most cars in the 12's have 400hp).
                      Last edited by Davard; 10-09-2003, 06:35 PM.
                      David Avard
                      '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                      '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                      '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
                        Nice way to waste 30 minutes (reading through 8 pages of threads).

Looks like I'll have another reason to look forward to visiting my friends in SoCal in the future (since I know three people who plan on buying one...all autocrossers).

Oh, the 0-60 in 4.8 I believe. The 12.0 1/4 mile time is a little harder to believe, though. Maybe high-12's, but even in a 1970lb car, 190 isn't that much hp (most cars in the 12's have 400hp).
                        Advantage is that it's geared to 140 instead of 220....

But agreed. MkIV supras did sub 5 second 0-60s, but don't hit the 12s stock, and they've got a lot more "top end" where weight isn't as critical.
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Great now i need to get a street whore night job to afford this

Comment

Working...
                          X