Tire choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire choice

Ok guys, I just ordered my wheels and now its time to get tires. I already have the size picked out, 205/50/15, of course. I have two tires I'm choosing between. Falken Azenis and the Potenza S0-3. I've heard great things from both but never ran either. I know alot of people on this forum are using the Azenis, but has anyone actually used the S0-3? if so, what do you think?

The S03 is a "nicer" street tire. it's less noisy, and isn't as harsh. However, it's a LOT more expensive, and does give up some performance to the Azenis.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

The S03's will probably last a bit longer, since the azenis are auto-x oriented. They also have better wet traction.

Comment

Neither will last any signifigant time if you're actually using them. And Azenis aren't autocross oriented, they just happen to be the BEST street tire, at a very affordable price. So people who are involved with autocross, it's simply a very good choice.

I liked Azenis in the rain. :shrug:
        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Dunno, Falken's website said they were a DOT approved auto-x tire. They're fine if it's just raining, but if there's any standing water . . . forget about it.

Comment

Again, not in my experience. As long as you weren't a dip**** when driving, and were paying attention, they weren't that bad in standing water.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Cool... I ordered the Azenis's because they cost like a third of what the bridgestones would have... I figure start with the cheap one so im not out too much money if i don't like them, but i doubt that... so... thanks.

Comment

I would have recommended Nitto Drag 555R with a threadwear of 100. Extremely drag racing street legal tires with awesome grip, perfect for off the line launches. The drawback is, I think they are available only for 14", 16" and above, but not for 15 rims.

They cost almost double the amount of a Azenis.

Comment

I dislike Falkens....and Nitto everyone I've known to have em always finds knots in em...or flat spots....Good Choice with the Azenis's!!!!
                  "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

If i ever had any intentions of drag racing i would get some drag radials. But I don't, so I wont.

Comment

Working...
                    X