test drove a 3 today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test drove a 3 today....

So I was bored and had 3 hrs to kill before work.. So I am leaving campus and I pass this mazda dealer everyday..... So I stopped in just to see what they had....

Before I knew it I was test driving a 5 door with the manumatic... That felt weird as hell. I have been wanting a 5spd 3 for a while now, but the thought of a remote starting 3 for those long hot ass summers here is hella tempting....

Has anyone heard anything "bad" about the manumatic tranny? I am sure like an auto tranny they are more to replace and probably next to impossible to work on.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

It's just a standard auto tranny mechanically, with the ability to change your gears whenver you please. That means you get all the advantages and disadvantages that a regular automatic has.

Now, if it came with a DSG/SMG gearbox like the MKV GTi, that would be a different story.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I liked it, but I dunno if I would trust it for all that long.

Comment

You can put remote start on a manual, you just have to leave it in neutral.

Comment

yeah but my luck, I leave it in first and forget and some guy in a mercedes parks infront of me and its all over. You get the idea.

Comment

Ya know i never even drove the ATX 3. I just wanted a 5sp...i guess ATX + 4cyls are kinda 'tarded V6 and up for me if it's an ATX. (no offense Donnie)

Bump for a killer car tho

Comment

I've driven 2 5sp 3's (both hatches), they were a blast and felt great. Interior is superb and ride is responsive, but still smooth.

Comment

Yeah, I really REALLY want one, but it looks like it might be awhile.

Oh well, I can work on getting in the GTX in the meantime

Comment

Working...
                X