Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6L carby to 1.8 turbo GTR engine swap

Hello From Greece

Finally my dream has started to become true...
    I'm swapping my 1.6 carburetted engine to a GTR engine...
    This is my car now with the old engine removed...

And this is the GTR engine that i found...

Orange injectors and BPC8 stamp underneath the intake manifold convinced me that it is a gtr engine... am I right?

Here is the rear brakes from a 1.8 n/a protege of american origin that I will use to convert my rear drums to disc brakes...

Soon With more pics as we are still waiting the vj-23 turbo and exhaust manifold.

Here you go...

Comment

Here are some more pics... No turbo pics though

My new rear and front brakes installed...
      You can see one rim of mine...

Comment

WoW! Congrats and greetings from Croatia
        Where did you find the engine? And the rear disc brakes?
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you discover go zoom-zoom
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Good Stuff!

Comment

My mechanic found the engine here in Greece in only 2 days after I gave him the car to do a bp swap...
            The rear and front disc brakes are from an protege 1.8 dohc that someone has brought to the shop from abroad (it had usdm bumpers , the long ones you know :D ) and maybe exchanged it for a newer car...
            The valve cover also is from that car. The Gtr cover was black coloured . This one is greenish-grey.
            What do you think should be replaced in the engine before putting it in my car? The belts have already been replaced.

Comment

Water Pump
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
              U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
              Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

I have changed this one also... :D
                Next please.. :D:D:D:D:D

Comment

we have installed the engine harness but the dash harness remains the same.
                  I'll also try and fit the gtr intercooler under my stock bumper for a while retaining the stock look till i manage to get hold of an evo3 bumper made. It will need some cutting though...
                  I have a 2 inch exhaust fron the catalytic converter. I hope it will be sufficient for the engine as i have read that the stock gtr is 2 inch also...
                  Everything will be stock at the moment till I will be able to afford a new exhaust and an aftermarket filter.

Comment

I want to ask our european friends where i can find the evo3 bumper that corksport has but to buy it from a place in europe.
                    1-2 years ago i sent an email to ask about the shipping costs and they were 460 usd. The bumper itself costs 339 usd so it isn't the best deal..
                    Is there a shop in europe that brings the same stuff as corksport?
                    I have searched for other front bumpers at pakfeifer and other sites but i didn't find anything better.
                    I have the facelifted model (not the one with the square headlights) and the evo 3 bumper fits soooooooooooooo good..

Comment

Unfortunatlly, you wont find evo bumper here
                      Could you please post a pic of the car? From pics above i can see only few parts of it . Im looking for face lift model bumpers so i would like to see it once again cuz i cant see those much on the roads here and if i see it, its a 1.7 diesel hehe
                      One day you are born,
                      The next big milestone
                      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

It' is not a diesel.
                        It has a b6 with a 16valve sohc head and carburated.
                        And that's my car.

Comment

very nice......

keep us updated.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

2 Bax: did you maybe post on mazda323performance.com quite long time ago, im talking about thread named "my 8000rpm beast" with a video clip inside?
                            One day you are born,
                            The next big milestone
                            you can't get enough!

Comment

yup... that was me....
                              www.mazda323performance.com will be the first forum to post the complete set of pics when i will finish as it was the first mazda 323 related forum that i have found some years ago...
                              :D:D:D:D
                              I guess that there will be no more 8000rpm attempts now... there's a rev limiter....

Comment

Working...
                              X