Side Moulding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Moulding

if you remove the side moulding (black strips on the doors) will you see paint fading. is it hard to remove? iis thier any holes to patch or glue to remove?? thanks
    1998 Mazda Protege LX Touring Edition.

First of welcome to the forum.
    And to answer your question, which already have been many times, and you could have certainly done a search for, the answer depends on a few things. Good news, there are no holes to patch, and you can remove them by using fishing line, and following through with a sea-saw motion. Bad news, there will be sticky resude for you to remove. You can do it with any adhesieve removal for $3. As far as paint fade, that depends on where the car has been all this time, i.e. garaged, where you live, etc. If there is some fade, you can try to buff the area with clear coat, and try to smooth out the transition as much as possible.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

What the **** is "buffing with clearcoat"?
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
        What the **** is "buffing with clearcoat"?
        Are you serious?

Comment

maybe he just ment buff the clear coat of the area..............i hope
          Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
            Are you serious?
            Yes.

Are you trying to say that you spray some clearcoat onto a buffing pad and use that to polish??
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
              Yes.

Are you trying to say that you spray some clearcoat onto a buffing pad and use that to polish??
              Yes, at times clear coat, when thouroghly buffed, can be used to hide small blemishes and such, but I mean small. In the case of side moldings, if the paint fade is too severe, then it might now be of much help.

Comment

Hey i removed mine and the paint wasnt faded and you can pull the gule off with your hands... well i did mine with my hands...
                Ratrod

Comment

I removed mine before I got my car painted, and there was no paint fade on my car either. Residue removal was super easy. Afterwards, you could not even tell there was strips there.
                  current mods:

bodykit with custom green paint
                  55" Matrix GR Motorsports two element wing
                  clear corner lens
                  17" Enkei RS6 wheels with 205/40R17 rubber
                  Ground Control coilover kit
                  KYB GR-2 struts
                  LED undercar kit
                  Tenzo Racing seats
                  Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP head unit
                  2 Cadence 12" subs
                  Cadence 1000 watt amp