Remote start on 5spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote start on 5spd

I have read the FAQ by mazdaracer, but it does not say much about the 5spd install. I want to put in a remotestart/alarm on my P5. What do I need to do?
    MODS:
    I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

you have to get an alarm designed for 5spd cars. i've never installed them, and most people i know wouldn't want remote start in a manual for obvious reasons

Comment

I want one because of how cold it gets up here in Maine. I never leave my car parked in gear. I could leave my car out of gear and p-brake off and my car would not move, Flat land. Can you suggest an alarm/remote start?
      MODS:
      I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

I believe the 3rd gen pros have a neutral sensing wire that will only allow the car to be started if it is in neutral.

From the sticky wire color code thread:
        For Standards!
        Neutral safety trigger, pink green, NA, Under battery tray from transmission

Comment

My car will start in gear also. I have an alarm picked out. It says it will work for a 5spd Here's the link. I know a guy that will install it, but he has never installed a r/s on a 5 spd. So with that being said, I want to know as much as I can so I can help him out. Will the wire diragram work for me that you posted in your sticky rider?
          MODS:
          I/E/SS/

Comment

Blue your alarm's web page had a remote start for a manual transmission when I clicked on it. I love the remote on the one you have. How many batteries have you gone through?
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
              I believe the 3rd gen pros have a neutral sensing wire that will only allow the car to be started if it is in neutral.

From the sticky wire color code thread:
              For Standards!
              Neutral safety trigger, pink green, NA, Under battery tray from transmission
              I had a viper 791XV installed in my car two weeks ago. it has a remote starter in it. needed the nutral sensing wire that makes it impossible to start the car if the correct steps are not done while getting out of the car. is is very nice........was a pain in the ass for the tech to install it and he had to get in touch with the netral sensing switch company to finish the job. has the two way pager in the sytem, too.

-R

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                Blue your alarm's web page had a remote start for a manual transmission when I clicked on it. I love the remote on the one you have. How many batteries have you gone through?
                i go through a AAA about every month or 2

Comment

get a compustar remote start/alarm...best one on the market i think

link: www.compustar.org
                  midnightblue mica 2002 protege 5
                  mods include:
                  thermal cat back exhaust, intake, b&m short shifter, kartboy shifter bushing, MP3 petals, act sports clutch with aluminum fly wheel, Kenwood MP8017 HU, infinity 6.5" speakers infront, polk audio 6.5" speakers in back, bazooka 10" RS 150 watt sub tube with remote, 350 watt amp, compustar alarm/remote starter,jspec intake cam, MS exhaust cam
                  to be installed: spool stage 1 turbo kit,MS #3 engine mount,kartboy exhuast hangers

Comment

I just got the Compustar 2WSS w/ remote and security last week on my 5 spd Pro 5. It is impossible to start the car in gear because you must put the car in neutral and set the e-brake before you get out. If you don't do this (put it in reservation mode) will not be able to remote start the car. So far it has worked great. Only thing I don't like is that the sensors are not sensitive enough...I managed to wash it yesterday with out setting off the alarm???

Technology has its price - $650 for the set up.

My advice would be to contact Compustar and ask them to refer you to an authorized dealer in your area. I did this and had it installed 4 days later!
                    "Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moon light?"

Comment

im still confused on this. . . ..so since we have the neutral trigger wire. ..we can just get any remote starter alarm (i have 5spd) or does it still have to be specifically made for 5 speed trannies. ... i would rather not use reservation mode as the engine will not shut off until you put the car in nuetral (i like the simpler idea of taking the key out and engine turning off)
                      2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                      Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
                      OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
                      Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
                      sun ground kit
                      5spd sunroof
                      Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
                      7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                      power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
                      6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Working...
                      X