95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Congrats!

Moved to Motorsports forum btw.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Sorry, couldn't decide which forum would be better...

I wanted to ask, what is the general attitude at these things? I don't want to go to something and get bitched because I'm "no good", you know? I just wanna have fun

92 Protege DX - Sold.
      91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
      96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
      98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Usually these events are much more mature than your average car meet. My first time out, I was expecting everyone to point and laugh, but in reality it's all in your head. Just have a good time and you'll meet plenty of nice car people. The only situation where I'd laugh is if I saw some ultra riced POS pull up and the driver thinks it's "the ****".
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

how does 1 go about finding an auto cross track?
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

65,000+ door-to-door, cone clipping and dirt-throwing individuals make us the largest amateur motorsports club in the United States.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
              thanx for the link but since i would have to drive 3 hours i will continue to street race...

More Information

Comment

What kinda street race

Just random punks at redlights and stuff?
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

there is organized racing every so ofter between the 2 towns here....out of city limits in bum **** washington

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                    thanx for the link but since i would have to drive 3 hours i will continue to street race...
                    They race at Boeing's Everett lot, which is only an hour or so away. 90 minutes tops. Or are you talking 3 hours round trip? www.wwscc.com I think.

There is also racing somewhere up there: Chuck-in-nut (sp?) Sports car club, or something like that. I think there are near Bellingham. There was someone who raced a Protege there a couple of years ago.

Seriously though, you can hang your car out much farther on an autocross course, without risking body damage (yours or the cars) or jail/fines.

Plus, they are a very nice group of people to play with. I have many friends up there, and was just there in the beginning of October...didn't make it up to Anacortes...my friend's new boat was at the broker's dock in Bellingham-it'll be in Anacortes after the boat show in time for the rental season.
                    David Avard
                    '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                    '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                    '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
                      http://txkautox.com/

It's about time.

I think I might do their next one in march, it'd be my first time
                      If you can get in, do the autocross school. More track time and instruction. It is a rare driver who figures out how to do autocrossing there first time out. Having someone who knows what they are doing drive your car is an eye-opening experience. You'd be amazed at what your car can do in the right hands.

Don't assume that because you are slower, that there is something wrong with your car. 90% of autocross is the nut behind the wheel.
                      David Avard
                      '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                      '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                      '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Any idea on the charge for the class(es)? I would love to do that, I was a bit nervous about just going out there and racing

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
                          They race at Boeing's Everett lot, which is only an hour or so away. 90 minutes tops. Or are you talking 3 hours round trip? www.wwscc.com I think.

There is also racing somewhere up there: Chuck-in-nut (sp?) Sports car club, or something like that. I think there are near Bellingham. There was someone who raced a Protege there a couple of years ago.

Seriously though, you can hang your car out much farther on an autocross course, without risking body damage (yours or the cars) or jail/fines.

Plus, they are a very nice group of people to play with. I have many friends up there, and was just there in the beginning of October...didn't make it up to Anacortes...my friend's new boat was at the broker's dock in Bellingham-it'll be in Anacortes after the boat show in time for the rental season.
                          it can take up to 2 and a half hours just to get to evrett when traffic is bad...and traffic is always bad...sorry but im not about to shell out a ton of money to drive 2hours 1 way through asshole infested drivers to go drive in circles around some cones.....not my cup of tea