cleaned up my BP for installation today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaned up my BP for installation today

Spent some good time cleaning up my BP tonight...
    used
    4 cans of heavy duty engine degreaser
    7 cans of carbuarator cleaner

everything looks good but I still need to replace the valvecover gasket and camshaft seals as well as check the oil cooler seal...
    just to make sure all major oil leakage problems don't occur... (previous owner kinda neglected the motor)
    only 3 plug holes had plugs and they turned out to be all missmatched and fouled.
    I replaced those with bosch platinum +4 plugs
    Then went ahead and gasket matched the stock exhaust manifold with my dremmel which siezed (don't buy craftsman dremmels theres no lifetime guaruntee).

had to make a trip to the junk yard after that and pick up a distributer rotor and cap along with some cheap ass wires for the time being (after gettig kicked out im on a tight budget.)

Plans for now are to put the BP into my 323 using the stock 1.6 tranny... (thanks goes out to jesse and darryl for helping me figure out the tranny questions)
    im still deciding on what type of clutch to put into it .....im set on using the 1.8l flywheel and clutch set...

if anybody has any input on a decent type of clutch please make a post on it... i have roughly $380 to spend on one and im looking at a clutch that will hold for turbo applications a little later on down the road.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

im not sure if i read this right....ur using the 1.8 bp flywheel and clutch set on a stock 323 1.6 L tranny? will it fit? i heard it aint gonna fit...

Comment

the splines are supposed to be the same on the input shaft of the tranny between the 1.6l and the 1.8l
      and then the blocks are almost identical only the 1.8l block is just elongated everything blots up the same....

Its still up in the air whether or not its gonna work... but im keeping my hopes high. after all its SUPPOSED to.

first off im gonna remove the tranny and test fit it onto the bp to see if things line up right. if they do then poof the wiring harness gets changed and in goes the DOHC. it should only be a days long project assuming theres no complications id run into.

any ideas for a 1.8 clutch????ANYONE???
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

act clutches, stage 1 should do ya.
        peace

Comment

the 1.8 clutch will not fit 1.6, believe i would know since i swapped a bpt in from my 1.6.
          James G.
          sobe83@yahoo.com
          AIM: DVS 323BPT
          MySpace
          Cardomain
          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

WOW !!! thats nice... wut tranny using? how fast does ur car run?

Comment

Working...
            X