VS. miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VS. miata

Coming home from class tonight I saw a miata pumpin along ahead of me. So at a red light I pulled up to him. Light goes green and we both give it a speedy take off, but not racing. We went through the next light and he punched it. When I noticed I did the same thing. He was right infront of my bumber when I took off, and he never left, but never pulled. I have to say, that was the fastest miata I have ever seen.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

what numbers are you putting down
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

What times are you running? Maybe he was running a bottle or a Jackson Racing kit.
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Well I don't know any numbers. There is still work to do befor dyno tunning it. **** the want 65 bucks for a single base numer pull. I want to get my cams and gears in first. All I can say was damn. Sense I put the motor in, no one has been able to keep up.

Comment

Sounds probably on line with a jackson racing kit like LS said. Depending on how well your car is running, it may have an upgraded pulley. If it was turbo, it probably would have walked you. Miata's rule
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

65 dollers for one pull? The shop around here is 25 doller per pull, or 100 a hour for dyno tuning
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
            U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
            Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Ya those bastards.

Comment

92_2_fast, how much boost are you running, what exhaust do you have, and what ECU are you running off of?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                  92_2_fast, how much boost are you running, what exhaust do you have, and what ECU are you running off of?
                  Im running 12 psi, magnaflow, bp05. I would like to go the route like redfox and use e-spec, but I have no damn money.

Comment

LOL... some where on the interenet, in some miata forum, there is a guy who just got his jackson racing supercharger installed and is absolutly baffled and saddened by the fact that he couldn't shake an econo-sedan from the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
                      LOL... some where on the interenet, in some miata forum, there is a guy who just got his jackson racing supercharger installed and is absolutly baffled and saddened by the fact that he couldn't shake an econo-sedan from the early 90's.
                      HAHA! I'll have to check miata.net to look for such posts!
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

There's a couple of Miata's round here that blow my mind..one has a Jackson...the other too have done some major engine jobs with Turbo's......
                        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                          There's a couple of Miata's round here that blow my mind..one has a Jackson...the other too have done some major engine jobs with Turbo's......

There's a service tech up here at Miller Mazda with a turbo '90-'93 Miata making well over 200whp... that thing is hella clean!
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                            HAHA! I'll have to check miata.net to look for such posts!
                            any luck?
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                            X