Mounting Depth on doors of 2gen's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting Depth on doors of 2gen's

I am looking to put some new 6 1/2's in the doors of my 95 LX, and I was wondering if anyone had tried putting speakers with more than the quoted 2" mounting depth in.

I'm just worried because I'd like to get some that have a 2 1/4" mounting depth and it'd be nice to still be able to roll my windows down all the way when I'm done.

Let me know! Thx.
    95 2gen LX 5-speed
    Sony 52X4 HU
    Alpine 6x9's on the rear deck, Sony Xplod 6.5's in front
    NGK Spark Plug wires and Iridium IX Plugs
    Euro Reverse Glow Guages and Carbon Fiber Bezel
    ( My guages work now!)

You will have trouble finding a good set of components with a mounting depth of less than 2.5".

Actually, I used to have Alpine Type-S coaxials in my front doors and the windows could still roll all the way down. So, if the mid driver of the Type-S components have the same mounting depth you are set.

When it comes to sound quality, the Type-S speakers were very close to the CDT CL-61 components. The only difference being that the CDT's are capable of handling much more power.

One solution to using the CDT's and having your windows roll all the way down is to use a piece of wood as a spacer between the door and the speaker itself. This'll give you 1/4" probably? There's some plastic on the inside of the door panel, and you will have to carefully cut that off so as to not interfere with the speaker.

Comment

Working...
    X