Mist in my car... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mist in my car... ???

Well yesterday I turned on my ac for a good bit because I havent turned it on for a while well it came out cold but had a weird spell... I get up to go to work a 3am in the mornin (TODAY) and turn my heater on and turn the ac off and it just fog all the windows up... and It had that smell again... and it took forever to go away... It really never went away intell i had to turn on the ac on cold... SO i get off work and you cant see in my car because there is mist all of the windows and this is about 11am... WHat the hell is it... It does it when I turn the ac on to cool down a little bit and then turn it off its does it bad its like I have to ride with the ac on when Im runnin the heater and the same TIME>>>
    Ratrod

I cant really decipher what your trying too say here..

Mist comes out when the AC is on ?
    and something about the heater?

But if mist comes out when the AC is turned on max cold, just seems like youve got a really kick ass AC, i know a guy that had a AC that would blow tiny ice chunks out of the vents when turned on max cold
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

AC not only cools your interior but it also takes the moisture out of the air. If your windows are fogging up, you can benefit by having the AC on. I know it sounds kind of contradictory, but it's true. Sometimes if it takes a long time for my windows to clear up I turn on the AC. When they're cleared I shut if off.

Also, and I'm sure you know this, make sure your fresh air vent is open.

Comment

ya when I turn the ac on then off the smell that comes out the vents smell old... something is wrong i just dont know what it is...
        Ratrod

Comment

Ya, you got some read rotting old rats hangin out in ya vents
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

ya id say maybe you have a small leak in your heater core and when you turn the heat on the steam just comes pooring out.
            sigpic

Comment

that is what Im thinkin....
              Ratrod

Comment

just curious as to why you posted this in the 2nd gen section......
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

oo damn my bad i didnt even know...
                  Ratrod

Comment

if the vent is on re-circulate that just re-circulates moist air not fresh air, slide it over to the "take in fresh air mode" lol

Comment

no need to apologize... just curious as to why if there was a purposeful reason.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                      X