Front speaker wireing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front speaker wireing

I just got my new alpine type s speakers in, and I would like to amp them up.
    I have a kenwood 4 channel amp that I have mounted under the passenger seat and wired up.

Is there a way to get the speaker wires from the amp into the doors? Another idea I had was to try and reuse the wires from the headunit on, and just solder the stuff from the amp there. Will the stock wires take any abuse?

THe amp is a 200 watt model and I was also wondering how to bridge two of each of the channels.

works just fine in my 94 pro, I am running a 200watt amp for my interior speakers.

Not sure of a 4 channel amp, never messed with them, I would figure it would be + from one channel and - from the other, don't quote me on that....

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

the stock wires are fine, up to about 75 watts. beyond that, run new wires.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Were talking rms here right?

If so Ill jjust keep the stock wiring and run it a bit lower.

A question on amps. Is it better/clearer to run an amp bridged so I can just run like half power. Or would it be better to run one channel harder?

Comment

Another question: if you're not running more power than the stock wires can handle, is there any benefit to running larger wires?

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
            Were talking rms here right?

If so Ill jjust keep the stock wiring and run it a bit lower.

A question on amps. Is it better/clearer to run an amp bridged so I can just run like half power. Or would it be better to run one channel harder?

why would you need to bridge the amp? or run one channel harder? i'm not following what you are trying to do.

Originally posted by jnorion
            Another question: if you're not running more power than the stock wires can handle, is there any benefit to running larger wires?

yes and no. you probably won't hear a difference, but aftermarket wire has a thicker jacket, thinner strands of wire, higher quality copper wire, and isn't as brittle. the stock wiring on a protege it rather coarse for speaker wire, and the jacket is very thin.

Comment

I want to bridge the front and rear left channels so that I have one more power to use, for the front alone. I also want to do the same to the right.

What Im basicly asking is there any distortion that comes with bridging an amp.
              What Im looking to do is use less gain, so the output should be clearer.

Comment

you won't hear a difference, except from having more power going to the speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X