I am not digging new on/off images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not digging new on/off images

Hi, guys. I found these irritating to my eye, and it takes me a few seconds to see which thread is fresh or not.

Also, I think that the .gif images should be more of a 3d image, like this one:

That could be "OFF" image, and "ON" could be noticeable modified, and definately not flash. Thats my 2 cents? What do you guys say?
    Last edited by turbonium959; 10-07-2003, 11:18 PM.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

not sure what icons you are even talking about...
    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
      not sure what icons you are even talking about...
      I edited my initial post so you all can see now. Sorry about that.

Comment

I think the color is fine, I just think it shouldn't blink. Just my 2 cents.
        2002 Ford Focus ZX3
        1987 Mazda 323
        1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

where do you find these icons? I haven't even seen em
          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I do not care for the flashing blue one, I was going to post something about it earlier but decided I would get used to it... I don't think that is going to happen either.

In any case.... I like the use of the logo, I just can stand the flashing part. Maybe it it was something like a black logo () for nothing new and a yellow ()one for new posts?

Just my 0.02
            --JJB--
            '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
            Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
            16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
            15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
            Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

what about these:

Off

On

I took your image, turbonium959, and the blinking gif's and fit yours to there size and did some color tweaks for an on state.

For whoever actaully makes these changes, feel free to use these if you like, or pm me and I can email the original PS files.
              -keith
              -2002.5 Protege5 --> Classic red
              -Mods: 17" Exel Mimi's, K&N drop-in
              -Future Mods: Black painted headlight mod, Tint, Shortened doorlock mod, Black powdercoated Stubby Antena.

Comment

Originally posted by kjpro5
                what about these:

Off

On

I took your image, turbonium959, and the blinking gif's and fit yours to there size and did some color tweaks for an on state.

For whoever actaully makes these changes, feel free to use these if you like, or pm me and I can email the original PS files.
                Yeah, thats what I am talking about. It just looks more professional this way.

Comment

I like the 3-D effect that those have.... nice! But I still vote for something yellow for new posts. This is the same color that indicates new posts when you go to other sections other than the front page. Just a little more consistent that way. Or change the other indicators to the same blue...

another 0.02.
                  --JJB--
                  '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                  Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                  16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                  15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                  Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

like so:
                    -keith
                    -Future Mods: Black painted headlight mod, Tint, Shortened doorlock mod, Black powdercoated Stubby Antena.

Comment

I like blue though too.. Cablemirc can just as easily change other images as well I'm sure.
                      2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                      1987 Mazda 323
                      1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

yeah I, like the blue better too, but not the flashing. Also while I do like the 3d logo, I agree that it doesn't work as well at that size. But I dont think the current shade of blue goes well with the color scheme of the site, its a little too primary, and childish looking, also a bit too harsh for the soft tones around it.

Gotta work tomorrow morning so Im heading off to bed, look forward to seeing what becomes of this. out
                        -keith

Comment

blue rocks

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                            better?
                            Oh, yeah. Me like, me like! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X