shops that do swaps?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shops that do swaps?!?!?

i live in the bay area california, and i was wondering if there is shops around here that specialize in mazda or are reliable and trusted for doing swaps...i know it will cost alot more, but if i found everything i needed for the swap, it would be easier for me to have the shop do the swap, and do all the dirty work....any 1 know of any places like this?
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

It will be ridiculously expensive (like everything else around here).
    Find a friend who can help you out.

What are you trying to swap though?

Comment

i am gunna swap a b6(it has been a very good engine, but its not cuttin it anymore) to a bp or a bpt.....and swap the trans, and everything else that goes with the bp or bpt....

Comment

I'm swapping a BP and a manual tranny in my Protege. Doing it in a buddy's garage.

Comment

i would, do it in a buddy's garage, but im only 16, and i dont have a friend that is nice enaugh for me to work on my car in his garage, and none of my friends have any experiance working on cars....

Comment

That was kind of what my problem was. I waited a year and a half and a good friend of mine (classmate) rented a house with a garage, and suddenly I found a place where I could do the swap.

I would start calling all sorts of engine shops and ask them if they do swaps or if they know of anybody who does. Good luck!

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

look in the yellow pages for local performance shops.... alot of times they can do it. It is usually cheaper to ship to a business anyways so that saves you money there.

Oh and you might try www.craigslist.org . Pick the city that is closest to you and post about needing swap help in either the wanted or the automotive (under services) section. You never know. Someone might have all the tools and want to make some extra money lending his space/tools/expertise out to you.

Good luck!
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thanks alot

Comment

i think i found a few shops that can do swaps....im now just looking for everything i need for the swap....im gunna post a new thread to see what people think about getting the stuff that i need threw junkyards or ebay, or shipped over sea's....i dont know what i should do...

Comment

i'll do the swap for ya
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

what state do u live in? and are u serious?

Comment

LOL
                          im in WI.... and yeah i'll put a BP in your car.
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

im not a shop tho... just another major enthusiest

Comment

IMO if your going to be doing just the NA BP, go through a j/y or someone with a wrecked LX thats parting it out. One of the stickies in the engine/drivetrain section has a blurb about what to look for in a good j/y motor. Read it as it will be invaluable when picking out a new (well used but new for the 323)

Now if your doing the BPT, then I would suggest importing all that is needed and swapping from there. Expecailly if a shop is gonna do it, that is the route to go. That way you can have it all shipped to them and hand it to them to do all the dirty work.

You could always just get the BP from a j/y, swap it in and enjoy. Then later when you want more out of it, turbo the biatch on your own since by then you might have more tools/knowledge/know-how
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X