RAAMmat BXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAAMmat BXT

well i finally had the right combination this weekend. i had enough energy to dampen my truck, and the weather was warm enough here in FL. it was a long process, but i also ran the 1/0 cables and planned out how to secure the sub enclosure and amp rack.

first a little background on my experiences with raamadio. i've used a couple rolls of raammat60 on my old car and was very impressed with the product. it wasn't quite as sticky as dynamat extreme, but it was thicker and the aluminum backing was easier to work with since it stretched and wasn't as sharp as extreme. a few months ago i used some 60 on my passenger door of my new truck. 3-4 layers over the outer door skin, and it has a nice solid "thud" when you knock on it.

this weekend i removed everything out of my truck, except the dash. i had one roll of raammat BXT to work with. my first impression of the BXT was that it was thinner than the 60. i contacted rick at raamauio, who i've always gotten excellent customer service from. he informed me that he has indeed measured the BXT several times to verify the thickness. it is as thick as it is supposed to be, but he admitted that the 60 tended to be thicker than spec. i started applying the BXT to the roof of my truck. immediately i noticed that it adheared better than the 60. it is just as sticky as dynamat extreme, IMHO. it applied very easily and stuck very well. rick has certainly outdone himself with this new mat. the BXT was just under $120 shipped to me, which is about the same price of a bulk pack of dynamat extreme off e-bay. with the BXT i recieved nearly twice as much dampening material for the same price. definitely a great deal. rick has an e-bay auction of the BXT for $99 per roll, plus actual shipping cost. i would highly recomend it to anyone wanting to dampen their vehicle.

Looking to buy Nandrolone phenylpropionate? Stay safe and avoid scams! Discover reliable sources and safe cycle options. Don't fall for unsafe sources.

i also used some acoustical padding for added noise blocking.
    here are some pics:
    Attached Files

deadly.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

Dampening results?

Comment

very nice indeed. Just curious as to how much all that weighs roughly... lol.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          very nice indeed. Just curious as to how much all that weighs roughly... lol.

the BXT weighs .41 lbs per sq ft, so a roll is about 25 and a half pounds. i need another roll for my truck. i'd say you could do 2-3 layers on a sedan with 3 rolls.

jnorion, great results. everything has a solid thud when you knock on it. i can't comment on road noise yet, since i don't have any of the regular carpet on the back wall of the truck, so there's a lot of noise coming from that.

Comment

Looks good. I'm sure it helped with road noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              Looks good. I'm sure it helped with road noise.

i'm sure it did too, but i'm thinking about changing the jute padding out for ensolite from raamaudio, since it's thinner, and i've heard great things about it

Comment

i just ordered another roll of the BXT and 3 yards of ensolite.

and rick also asked me to let everyone know that if you are a carsound or elitecaraudio forum member you get a roll for $89 plus shipping. the shipping cost should be under $20, since that about what i pay to get it from CA to FL

Comment

Working...
                X