Anyone going to Daytona 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to Daytona 500?

I am leaving for Daytona on Thursday, the 17th and staying till Monday for the 500, and I was wondering if anyone else is gonna be there? I cannot wait for it.
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

S O B ! ! !

wish i could be there too, but i will be the CASPDWY the next weekend, an the weekend after

I do have plans for the 2006 500.

Comment

How long ago did you buy tickets? I would love to go but eh you know.

Comment

We got the tickets through my cousin, who had 6 tickets. We took 3, and she is going with 2 others also. I am going to try to make this a yearly event. I cannot wait, this is so much more than the other races I have been to, which were in Dover and the Poconos.
        2000 DX, Blue
        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Damn, Pocono would be a fun track to go to

Bristol would be the holy grail, but good luck getting tickets

I'm going to be doing the 2 CA Speedway races, Phoneix and i wanted to do Vegas, but i have to race that weekend.

Thought i was the only Nascar guy here

Comment

My dad got tickets, but not enough for all of us to go....i usually go and its a blast...you will love it man!!!
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              Damn, Pocono would be a fun track to go to

Bristol would be the holy grail, but good luck getting tickets

I'm going to be doing the 2 CA Speedway races, Phoneix and i wanted to do Vegas, but i have to race that weekend.

Thought i was the only Nascar guy here
              You have to get good seats at the Poconos, and actually higher is better b/c it is such a long track that you don't get to see everything. i was sitting in row 11 and couldn't see the far end...

I really can't wait for my first restrictor plate race...

I want Bristol tickets, but the are so much money...
              2000 DX, Blue

Comment

Im not a big fan of nascar, considering all they do is drive in a circle
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

at 200 mph. I guess at pocono, the average is about 130 or so huh?
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

considering that i was born and raised in Darlington, SC.....i would say i'm a NASCAR fan....lol....and i would also say i've been there a time or 2......i've also been to charlotte.....and mixmaster matt is right, the higher u r, the better...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
                      Im not a big fan of nascar, considering all they do is drive in a circle
                      And I am sure that you would be able to hop on the track and do it for 4-5hrs no problem, right? B/c "all they do is drive in a circle." It is a lot more than that.
                      2000 DX, Blue

Comment

exactly, some ppl will never understand, and thats OK, cause it's not for everybody.

but ya, 43 cars at 180-190mph only inches from each others doors/bumpers, fighting aero and a possible ill handling car and not to mention if ya get hung out of the draft....then ya get bump drafted....I would have to asume it's as good as or better than sex

Comment

I like NASCAR, but IRL is where its at IMO. That and JGTC.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                            exactly, some ppl will never understand, and thats OK, cause it's not for everybody.

but ya, 43 cars at 180-190mph only inches from each others doors/bumpers, fighting aero and a possible ill handling car and not to mention if ya get hung out of the draft....then ya get bump drafted....I would have to asume it's as good as or better than sex

don't forget about the heat......it gets REALLY hot in those cars....and they're wearing the uniforms and stuff too......yea.....i'm sure he could jump right in and go in a circle......riiiiiiiight......but, i agree, it's not for everybody....

and i wouldn't say it's better than sex......i mean, i haven't driven a race car or nething, but...uh.....i don't think nething's better than sex....some things r as good as..lol....and some things r close, but....NOTHING's better....lol

Comment

I've been like 3 times. Always in the infield. It's loud... :shrug:

I'd much rather goto the Rolex 24 where they run the full road course, and you can see the different classes of cars, instead of 43 basically identical cars that all run within tenths of each other. That'd be cool to actually drive, but not to watch.
                              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES
                              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                              X