Clutch won't spring back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch won't spring back

For some reason the clutch pedal in my 2.0 doesn't want to spring back when depressed. You have to pull it back with your hand/foot. What's the cause? Lack of fluid or is it missing a spring somewhere in the pedal assembly?
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

when I had my clutch line disconnected the pedal still sprang back, just no pressure when pushing it down. I dont have my care here right now, but im almost positive there has to be some kind of return spring on it.

Was it like this before you pulled the engine?
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, it was like this before we even touched the engine/clutch line.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Dude without looking Im going to say there has to be a spring there somewhere. I know when I was bleeding my clutch, I heard a spring on the pedal and like I said I had my clutch line off at the mastercylinder and the pedal was still up, but I didnt depress the clutch when i had the line off either.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

bleed the clutch line...if it's not fixed, you have either a bad master cylinder or a bad slave cylinder.....hey you get that parts car from adam then ???

Comment

Yeah, I got it last weekend from Adam. The engine's out of it already and we're going to start taking my 1.6 out this weekend. Can't wait!
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Wow, did you see the update on the 1.6L turbo kit Hiboost made ??? He made 290whp !! He says the ZM holds WAY more boost than the FS...Sure you wanna swap ?? :D

Comment

Thats what I was thinking.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Anything to get me away from this automatic. I'd love to get the Hiboost kit, but this car I got was too good of a deal to pass up.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Ahhh...I see..understandable....too bad you couldnt mate the G-series to your 1.6L

Comment

Working...
                    X