Clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking noise

Recently one of my lugnuts came out I knew something was wrong when i felt this wobble from my back driver side tire. I check it and they were all loose and one already came out. So I tightened them all up nice and good. THe thing is now when i accelerate AFTER 45 MPH it makes this mild thump sound. Could it be that im riding on only three lugs in one tire instead of four?
    My OLD Car

Could it be that im riding on only three lugs in one tire instead of four?
    Um...did you go outside and check to see if there are 3 lugs instead of 4?
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

yea i meant to say is it making that noise cuz im riding on three lugs on that wheel.
      My OLD Car

Comment

Most likely... I don't see how anything else can make that noise. I don't think it's too safe to be riding around with only 3 lugnuts on the wheel either..you might wanna get that fixed ASAP.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i know i need to get it fixed ASAP. I dont have the car right now cuz its at the shop gettin the kit put on. Does anyone here know where I can buy tuner lugs? No shops here sell these tiny lugs.
          My OLD Car

Comment

I got my tuner lugs at Big "O" tires
            -tony

Comment

JCwhitney.com sells tuner lugs that fit my wheels too.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                JCwhitney.com sells tuner lugs that fit my wheels too.
                I dont exactly remember the size. Isnt it like 3/8 tuner lugs?
                My OLD Car

Comment

12x1.5mm is the thread size...if you want the kind to fit your small openings in your wheels ask for the "Tuner" style.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                    12x1.5mm is the thread size...if you want the kind to fit your small openings in your wheels ask for the "Tuner" style.
                    Thanks a lot bro. Ill order them tonight.
                    My OLD Car

Comment

I got mine at advanced auto parts, you might wanna check them out as well.
                      2000 DX, Blue
                      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

what do i look under because I dont see an option for wheel locks, wheel lugs, or lug nuts. Any other names?
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

holy crap! Is there any cheaper ones?
                            My OLD Car

Comment

If it is just lug nuts with wheel locks, RALLY makes them, size 12mmx1.5 Conical Seat, the number for them is 2D. It comes with 16 lug nuts and 4 wheel locks, so some extras in case anyone is a prick to you, and cost me $20 at my local advanced auto parts.
                              2000 DX, Blue
                              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                              X