This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about 99lx rear disk swap.

sup guys i decided im gonna swap my rear drums for disk, i did a search, and found nothing pertaining to a 3rd gen, so if any one knows, or has an idea, let me know, i need to know the parts list that i need, so i can start to buy them. im not so concerned about the install, ill figure that out, just the basic parts, thanks.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

alright this is what I know of so far since I've been researching it fro a while:

all disc brake master cylindar
    E-Brake brake lines (they connect different)
    Rear Disc brake brake lines
    Rear rotors
    rear calipers
    raer brake pads
    spindles/hubs with support arm off a rear disc brake car
    possibly front spindles/hubs etc if you ended up getting rear 5 lugs you need the front to match

anything I'm missing? I know my terminology isn't great, I don't know what to call everything but I think you get my point. Also, your best bet is to find a wrecked ES and buy off the parts you would need from it.

Let me know how it goes and keep me in the loop, if you find extra excess parts for doing it (like 2 sets of rear hubs) then I'll take them off your hands. Parts are hard to come by in NS.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

only way to get 4 lugs in the rear is to get j-spec stuff....otherwise simply buy all 4 hubs and the Maste Cylinder and proportioning valve from a P5 and go 5 lug..I think the lines might actually be the same....the braided lines are the same part# for DX/LX/ES

Comment

^^ 3rd gen version of TheMan.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
        X