wall paint on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wall paint on car

When i first got my car 'bout a year ago, i accidentally touched a wall in a parking garage (long story)
    so i have a small scratch on the right side of my front bumper, and a some of the wall paint on my bumper, too. My cousin (who manages a body shop) told me he could fix it for like $50, or i could do it myself with my touch-up paint. He told me i could find a "paint remover" at Canadian Tire that would work well to remove the wall paint, but not my car's paint. I asked there, but they're dumber than I am when it comes to auto-related stuff. (in the automotive dept)

does anybody know of this product?? i found like paint strippers and stuff, but from the cans' descriptions, it's to remove the car's paint in order to repaint an area (not what i wanna do)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

look for bug and tar removers.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

You might want to give Goo-Gone a try too. No use in putting more paint on the car if you can remove the excess paint by buffing it off...
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

goo gone tends to work for those nasty little scrapes with a rag and a bit of elbow grease. at some reguard, the stains will be tough enough that you have to actually use a scour like pad on the surface, which dulls the paint anyway. and considering nothing besides little fasteners at auto body shops cost under 50 bucks, ask him to either recommend a specific brand or pay him the 50 and get it done right. goo gone is good for some applications and adhesives, but it's a real bitch to get off your paint.. tends not to agree with a coat of wax, and leaves nice residues. thats my experience.
        peace

Comment

have u tried a rubbing compound?
          FROM A B12 TO A BF...

Comment

I work in a body shop doing small repairs like this all day. If you can catch your fingernail on it, you'll need paint. If not, then you're in luck. Use laquer thinner to remove the wall paint (don't let it sit on there too long) and then if there's still evidence, wait about 10 minutes (the thinner will make the paint a little too soft) then hand polish out the scratch with 3M Finishing compound. If your car is dark, follow that up with 3M hand glaze for dark colors.

Nick Holinski
            2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

pay the 50 bucks...
              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by AVERAGE
                have u tried a rubbing compound?
                wow that didn't cross the mind of the first 3 people who posted.

$50 dude that is a steal!! and while your car is in there have him check behind your tail lights. that is a popular place for protege's to rust in Ottawa.

hay can i ask whgat shop are you getting your work done at? i need a little body work done myself...h
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I get my body work done at Jimmy Groulx.
                  My cousin is the manager/co-owner, there.... so everything is cheap.
                  i'm hoping he'll teach me how to paint my own car.... save lots of cash when i gotta repaint it every year.

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

repaint your car every year?? what just out of boredom?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

constant change.
                      variety is the spice of life, no?

and in this city... my car now has about 5-6 colours on it... people can't seem to understand the concept of looking before they open their doors.

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

hey do you think you can help get a a quote for this?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

ouch...

i'll print it off and talk to my cousin.
                          i gotta see him about a few mods to my car in the next week or so..

RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                          X